PDA

View Full Version : Breeders or rescues near Buckinghamshire, UK

ImoT
01-26-2016, 02:57 PM
Hello. I am planning on getting a Syrian in the next few months and was wondering if anyone knew of any reputable breeders or rescues in or near Buckinghamshire?

I have contacted Tuftyfluffs and am just waiting for a reply, but it would be good to have a couple of other breeders to contact.

I would be open to getting a rescue ham too, and have been keeping an eye on the RSPCA website. But if anyone knows of any other reputable rescues that may have hamsters in then do say! :)

herbi7
01-28-2016, 09:16 AM
Hello, ooh how exciting you're getting a hamster! I thought these people might be able to help you find a rescue ham..

Hamster Rescue (http://www.southernhamsterclub.co.uk/new/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=68)

If the link doesn't work just look up the southern hamster club, as even if they don't have rescue hams in your area they probably know who does! Their rescue page is lovely, some gorgeous little fluffs to look at!

herbi7
01-28-2016, 09:17 AM
Ps there is always gumtree, I got my ham from there but I think it's better to use a rescue if u can as that then frees up their resources to take other animals who need help!

ImoT
01-28-2016, 02:37 PM
Thank you for your reply herbi. I don't know if I'm just being really dim but I can't work out where 'somershire' is?!

I don't really want to get one from gumtree or preloaded, not for my first Syrian anyways! I would prefer to support a reputable rescue or breeder :)

Fluffagrams
01-29-2016, 05:43 AM
Thank you for your reply herbi. I don't know if I'm just being really dim but I can't work out where 'somershire' is?!

Somershire isn't a place as such but could be used to describe somewhere close to the Somerset/Wiltshire borders and Somershire Hamster Rescue is located in near enough to this region.

Here's their website: Somershire Hamster Rescue - Home (http://somershirehamsterrescue.vpweb.co.uk)

The owner puts together the hamsters for adoption section in the NHC journal so it might be worth contacting her to see if she knows of anything suitable.

ImoT
01-31-2016, 05:53 AM
Ah okay I see thank you. I think it's quite far away from me but I will get into contact anyways :)

chesca_27
01-31-2016, 11:29 AM
ImoT, I have a thread called "Winter White Dwarf Breeder" where some people posted about different breeders. I'm on the waiting list for one of TuftyFluffs dwarfies. She can take a while to respond to emails. I think I waited around 10 days for a response because she was ill. Just remember you may need to wait a while. I've been waiting since early December and could be waiting till late March. Anyway, it's worth checking her Facebook group as well. She said she should have a Syrian litter born on Valentine's day.

chesca_27
01-31-2016, 11:32 AM
Just remembered, you could try Pets at Home's Adoption Center as well.

ImoT
02-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Hi Chesca thank you for your reply. Could you possibly post the link to your thread? I don't mind waiting a while as I can't get one until April anyways, so if I have to wait a bit after that I don't mind :) Yes I am keeping an eye on the Pets at Home Adoption Centre too! I've also emailed 'Animaltastic' in Hemel Hemstead as although I would never normally support a pet shop they breed their hamsters there so it's not some sort of mass breeding thing. I don't mind waiting for a reply from Tuftyfluffs either :)

ImoT
02-01-2016, 11:32 AM
Sorry Chesca just seen your thread below mine so don't worry about posting the link!!

Vectis Hamstery
02-01-2016, 12:50 PM
Also keep an eye out for shows that you could get to - there's one in Chacombe in Oxfordshire in March. There are often hamsters for sale there.

ImoT
02-02-2016, 10:20 AM
I'm in Australia in late March and early April so don't really want to get one before then, it wouldn't really be very responsible of me! I know if I go to a show I will come home with one! But i'll look into it :)

Coldpaws
02-02-2016, 10:57 AM
Hi ImoT. If you're near the Bucks/Herts border, the Southridge RSPCA is a fantastic place & may have Syrians that need a home. The centre is at South Mimms, right off the M25/M1 & near the A41. Worth checking the RSPCA site, you can check what your local ones have (under 'type of animals - Other)' by putting in your postcode:
Find a pet to adopt - Find a rescue dog, cat, rabbit, horse (http://www.rspca.org.uk/findapet)

ImoT
02-02-2016, 12:32 PM
Thank you coldpaws! I have been keeping an eye on the RSPCA website :) I tend to type Buckinghamshire into the search bar but it comes up with lots of animals beyond Bucks too so should bring up any hamsters at Southridge :)

ImoT
02-15-2016, 02:04 PM
I'm still waiting for a reply from Tuftyfluffs :( It's been a good few weeks. I've sent 2 messages via their website and posted on their Facebook wall. Should I give up hope?!