PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe

Katkin45
09-25-2015, 12:43 PM
Hi we have a tank cage and I have been using a toilet roll to support the water bottle but it's a bit unstable, i have ordered a holder from Amazon but in the mean time I have used an upturned small plastic desert pot which is wider at the bottom, I have cut a hole in the top and it seems to work better than toilet roll but the plastic is thin and was wondering if it might be harmful if chewed ?? I have got a back up toilet roll if I need to swap back ?? Thanks in advance x

Thin Lizzy
09-25-2015, 08:24 PM
Have you got a pic to show it?

cypher
09-25-2015, 11:20 PM
Thin plastic can be chewed quite easily so it's not the safest thing to use, if your ham isn't a chewer it may be ok short term but if you want to be absolutely safe better to stick with the toilet roll tube until your order arrives.

Katkin45
09-26-2015, 12:48 AM
Thanks I will swap it today to toilet roll just in case, not sure how to load a picture to the post ?? But better to be safe than sorry, thanks again x

cypher
09-26-2015, 01:04 AM
If you want to post photos either click on the go advanced button below the reply box then scroll down to manage attachments (it's pretty straight forward from there!) or upload to somewhere like Photobucket or a similar site then just post a link here.
Hope that helps.

Katkin45
09-26-2015, 01:17 AM
Thank you, I think I managed it !x

cypher
09-26-2015, 01:34 AM
Well done!
It looks as though it could be ok just as a temporary thing actually, as with anything you have to keep an eye on things but it doesn't look to easy to chew.

Katkin45
09-26-2015, 04:48 AM
Thanks, recycling will never be the same again in my house !! I keep thinking ohh the hamster can use that ! Will put it back in the and keep a close eye, she didn't nibble last night, but I cleaned the cage yesterday and she had nibbled all round the bottom of the toilet roll end that I splayed out for stability and bitten it all off ! X