PDA

View Full Version : Tofu?

Wanna Hamster
09-16-2015, 05:17 AM
Hi everyone!
I've been looking around for possible hammy food and saw we oddly have a lot of extra raw tofu. Is it safe for hamsters? Does it need to be specially cooked!
Thanks!

cypher
09-16-2015, 06:46 AM
Tofu is fine, just as it comes no need to cook it, just drain some of the liquid off if it's really wet.

Thin Lizzy
09-16-2015, 07:54 PM
I never knew that! Looks like I'll be getting some for my little diva.

Wanna Hamster
09-17-2015, 04:20 AM
Thanks guys! I sure hope Twinkle likes it Lizzy!

peasypea
09-19-2015, 04:52 AM
Nelly loves tofu! She gobbles it up so fast, I think its her favourite treat. I cook with it quite a lot so always make sure I break a bit off for her. Go for it :)

Thin Lizzy
09-19-2015, 06:37 PM
Does it come in sizes? I've never tasted it myself. What would you have it with?

peasypea
09-23-2015, 06:51 AM
Sorry I don't have wifi as I've just moved so can't come on very much!
I buy the cauldron brand one that you get in the supermarket (if you are in the UK), they just come as a standard size. I don't know any other makes that are available really.
It's quite hard to get used to cooking, first time I had it I thought it was rank but started finding recipes and doing it differently and it can be quite diverse! I live scrambled tofu which I have for breakfast at the weekends, there are loads of recipes online, it comes our the same sort of texture as scrambled egg! Or I'll marinate big slices and have them on a stir fry type thing or cut small bits and just chuck them in the stir fry. I've tried it in curry too and it's good. Try experimenting with recipes online and see if you like it :)

Thin Lizzy
09-23-2015, 08:47 PM
Thanks peasypea! I rather like the idea of it scrambled.