PDA

View Full Version : Shadow - Syrian Hamster

04-02-2009, 02:55 AM
Hi there,
This is my first post, but I'm starting to get worried about my Syrian hamster "Shadow",
Anyway, I bought him from pets at home a couple of weeks ago, at first he was jumpy, which I would expect anyway, he seemed to be taming up, but then I had to go away for a couple of days and I made sure he had plenty of water and food etc etc, when I have come back, he's starting making noises, like he's angry or something, (squeaking/screaming noise). anytime I go near him, and a couple of times he has bit me if I'm holding him while he's making that noise.
He woke me up the other morning with that same noise, so I ran into the bedroom where he is, and he had pulled out a clump of fur on his back :(
has he gone really untame or something? I handle him once / twice a day, I love him to bits and I hope he isn't in too much distress.. He is in a rotastak cage, which has loads of compartments in so he can go through the tubes into another room.
Another thing, his poo is sometimes a green colour and sometimes runny/squidgy, but today it was almost like water, I have given him a nibble of broccoli, so I don't know if it is anything to do with that, I hope it isn't wet tail but to be honest, I don't know what it looks like
Any help would be very much appreciated,
Thanks,
Shadow's Owner x

Bunsey
04-02-2009, 04:12 AM
oh dear, he is definately not well. I'd say you need to take him to the vet as soon as you can :(

souffle
04-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I am sorry to hear Shadow is not behaving normally. The symptoms you describe with the diarrhoea, fur pulling and squeaking indicate that he is not feeling well and that you need to get him to a vet very quickly. Wet tail smells very bad and he will be really messy underneath and very poorly. It is very hard to pull a hamster through wet tail and recently on the forum we have had many reports of hamsters from this store becoming ill shortly after leaving. I hope you can get him to the vets for a diagnosis.
Let us know how he does
XX

clairescunny55
05-21-2009, 01:07 AM
how is shadow now?