PDA

View Full Version : Hamster's Tongue

yukiyuki
08-30-2015, 08:53 AM
Last night one of my mom's ferrets got ahold of my djungarian hamster ](*,) and today, now when I hold her(and only when I'm holding her) her tongue hangs out of her mouth. She is able to clean herself but has been hiding in her house most of the day but I'm guessing this is because they are most active at dusk and dawn and the poor thing is probably terrified, anyways, Will this affect her eating and drinking and is this permanent?

Wanna Hamster
08-30-2015, 02:01 PM
Id go to the vet and ask them about it.

BrainGirl
08-30-2015, 02:15 PM
Definitely something a vet should be consulted about. The damage done may have been internal and your hamsteray need pain medication or treatment.

Good luck!

yukiyuki
08-30-2015, 06:51 PM
My mom is going to stop by the vet's office tomorrow, thanks for the input.

Thin Lizzy
08-31-2015, 08:48 PM
Hope you're little ham is ok, keep us posted on what the vet says.

yukiyuki
09-05-2015, 05:56 PM
Sorry for not replying I've been lazy anyways it seems the damage is irreversible but he isn't showing signs of pain or weakness but I'm fairly new to ham owning as an adult so I don't what the signs would be. Amazingly he is eating and drinking and he lets me pet him. Are there any signs I should look out for that he is in pain?

DrKMcK
09-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Has this little guy been to the vet? It's good that he's eating and drinking. I hope he's okay.