PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Roborovski's.

GoldenBears
08-19-2015, 09:47 PM
How do you transfer your Robo to a carry case or their enclosure? I locate my hamster, pick up whatever she is hiding under and scoop her up. If I feel as though I may have an escape artist on my hands, I use the cupping method which is the best strategy in my opinion especially for the smaller species and I am pretty curious on what other peoples method are.

Gemma_xo
08-20-2015, 11:10 AM
I used to use a toilet roll tube with my hands on either side, but Pixie got wise to that and stopped going into them whenever I went near her cage, but then I got a dwarf size hamster ball and she's in that for 10 minutes a night in the bathroom just for some "out of cage time" before her play pen gets here so I can spot clean without disturbing her. Whenever her ball goes into the cage she's straight in it, and she seems eager to get into it, so I just plan on using that whenever I move her for any reason, I haven't had to use a carrier yet but if I ever do I will use the ball to do so. She likes the ball and has no issues getting into the ball so I'll use something she's comfortable with going into :)
x

velma
08-20-2015, 12:06 PM
I have a jam jar that's taller than my robo. I put a couple of sunflower seeds in the bottom & he goes in to get them, I then just tip the jar up & transfer him. Hector seems to have learnt the jar means a treat so he goes in of his own will now to investigate. I don't have to always put seeds in now either