PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkins feet have a sticky substance on them....

Pumpkin and Peanut
08-03-2015, 10:16 PM
Pumpkins feet have a sticky substance on them....
I notice that her ball has a bit of a stickiness inside. I assume this is from her scenting her ball, I do scrub it occasionally with hot water and dish soap. I suspect this is what she has on her feet. I am wondering about using vitamin e oil on a Q-tip, but not sure it will do if she licks them. Do any of you know of a safe way to clean her feet, and do any of you have this happen to their hamsters?

cypher
08-03-2015, 10:59 PM
It could be from her scenting or from peeing in the ball, either way she should be able to clean her feet perfectly well herself, if you think she needs help I'd try giving her a sand bath, a bit of digging in there would soon clean things up!
I wouldn't go putting any oil on her feet, even a tiny bit is quite a lot of vit e for a little ham.

Pumpkin and Peanut
08-26-2015, 07:54 PM
Good advice Cypher, thanks. Ya, it seemed to be from scenting.

racinghamster
08-28-2015, 05:10 AM
It might also be from the sticky tape you use to keep the ball closed. If the ball is washed each time she uses it with a mild washing up liquid and rinsed thoroughly with hot water, the ball should be clean inside. But female hamsters pee might be thicker anyway.

Pumpkin and Peanut
08-31-2015, 10:58 AM
Um, I am not sure how her feet get sticky from tape on the outside of the ball, it seem that you just want to argue with me about everything, so, here is a solution, you ignore me and I will do the same. Let there be peace in the hamster world, haha