PDA

View Full Version : Robo Taming

Jezzas Mummy
03-19-2009, 06:17 AM
Hi guys,

Ive had pinky and Brain since about early feb(ish) and i have tried the taming methods mentioned on here... and although they will come and eat out of my hand they are still shy and are rather scared of me still...

Does anyone have any further suggestions or is this as tame as they will get? I know Robos are not suitable for young children as they are so fast so is it not recommended to handle them too much?

Thanks guys

cornishrobos
03-20-2009, 07:28 AM
Hi there

I used the taming tips on here too and they did help somewhat but I just found the more you talk to them and the more you handle your robos the tamer they will become but it does take patience and they are not as quick on the uptake as Syrians. We handle ours twice a day where possible, the second time is there 'out' time when they run round.

Our 2 robo brothers are now brilliantly tame, we take them from their cage and put them on our bed and let them run around, let them climb on us. It's funny because when they've had enough they will run to where you're standing and try climing up on you or we put our hands out and let them climb on and then we take them back to their cage (I have video of of them doing that at home on our camera).

Anyway keep doing what you're doing, it sounds like they are getting tamer, it does take weeks but you'll get there.

Jezzas Mummy
03-20-2009, 07:55 AM
thanks for the confirmation CornishRobos