PDA

View Full Version : Hamster getting a tumor

Peyton
07-22-2015, 07:41 PM
Hello everyone! My winter white dwarf hybrid is one year old, and today I noticed a tumor growing on his side. On his lower left side there is a round pink tumor growing off of him. It's still fairly small, but I'm going to take him to the vet tomorrow anyway.
He is showing no signs of illness, he's eating, drinking, relieving himself, and running on his wheel normally.
Do you guys have any advice? About the tumor itself, about caring for my hamster, anything you know about dwarf hamsters with tumors?
Thank you so much!
-Peyton & my hamster Clyde

racinghamster
07-22-2015, 11:46 PM
Hi Peyton. It is better to see your vet to have him looked at and decide if this is a tumour or an abscess. Tumours when they are small can be removed and that could be an option for you given he`s still a year old and healthy. Does he get any broccoli in his diet? Broccoli has potent cancer fighting properties that if fed raw in a small piece every other day could help his health overall.

But once you see your vet you can update on what the vet said. x

cypher
07-22-2015, 11:56 PM
Really sorry to hear this Peyton.
As RH says there is the possibility it may not be a tumour but tumours can vary a lot so I agree only your vet can really advise you, much will depend on whether it can be removed or not & if not how fast it may grow.
If it can't be removed it can sometimes just be a case of keeping an eye on quality of life & making sure your ham is comfortable.
See what the vet has to say & then take it from there, I really hope they can help your little one out.
Let us know how it goes.