03-16-2009, 12:35 PM
THE NORTHERN HAMSTER CLUB
PRESENTS A SHOW UNDER NHC RULES ON SATURDAY 25TH APRIL 2009
AT BROCKHOLES VILLAGE HALL, BROCKHOLES LANE, NR HOLMFIRTH. HD9 7ED
DOORS OPEN: 10.15AM
STOCK TO BE BENCHED BY 10.45AM
JUDGING COMMENCES: 11.00AM PROMPT
SHOW SECRETARY: SHERYL LUCAS
ENTRIES: ONLINE – WWW.NORTHERNHAMSTERCLUB.CO.UK (http://WWW.NORTHERNHAMSTERCLUB.CO.UK) OR
TEL: 0161 777 8499 OR EMAIL: [email protected]
CATERING: LYNNE BLAIR
All entries are non-transferable and cannot be refunded. LATE ENTRIES WILL
NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT WITH THE SHOW SECRETARY.
Cheques should be made payable to the Northern Hamster Club.
All Sales MUST be booked in with Ken Skill, Tel: 07742 822060 or e-mail:
[email protected] together with all pedigree details. Sales
and Donations will not be accepted without a pedigree certificate and
correct accompanying paperwork.
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES:-
THURSDAY 23RD APRIL – 9.00PM
CLOSING DATE FOR SALES: -
MONDAY 20TH APRIL – 9.00PM
SYRIAN SPECIES JUDGE: FRASER AVILL
SYRIAN STRAIGHT CLASSES: 25P PER ENTRY
1. Golden m/f
2. Cream m/f
3. Yellow m/f
4. Cinnamon m/f
5. A.O.C. Male
6. A.O.C. Female
7. Patterned m/f
OTHER SYRIAN CLASSES: 25P PER ENTRY -
8. Satin m/f
9. Longhaired White m/f
10. Longhaired Cream m/f
11. Longhaired Patterned m/f
12. Longhaired A.O.C. Male
13. Longhaired A.O.C. Female
14. Longhaired Satin m/f
21. Non-Standard m/f
SYRIAN DUPLICATE CLASSES: 5P PER ENTRY
15. Junior (member under 16 years)
16. Novice (member in 1st year of
exhibiting)
17. Intermediate (member in 2nd year of
exhibiting)
18. Young Stock (up to 16 weeks old)
19. Breeder (bred by exhibitor)
20. Grand Challenge
DWARF SPECIES JUDGE: TBA
DWARF SPECIES STRAIGHT CLASSES: 25P PER ENTRY
D1. Campbell Normal m/f
D2. Campbell Argenté m/f
D3. Campbell A.O.C. m/f
D4 Campbell Patterned m/f
D5. Winter White Normal m/f
D6. Winter White Sapphire m/f
D7. Winter White Pearl m/f
D8. Chinese Normal m/f
D9. Chinese Patterned m/f
R1. Roborovski Normal m/f
OTHER SPECIES DUPLICATE CLASSES: 5P PER ENTRY
D10. Junior
D11. Novice (as above)
D12. Intermediate (as above)
D13. Young Stock (up to 16 weeks old)
D14. Breeder
D15. Grand Challenge
DWARF OTHER CLASSES: 25P PER ENTRY - D15. Non-Standard m/f
All the above classes MUST be exhibited in the approved show pens.
One piece of fruit or vegetable and a small dog biscuit (supplied by Northern Hamster Club) MUST be placed in the show
pen before benching. Note: Roborovski’s must be show in Syrian show pen.
Hire Pens: £1.00 per pen – subject to availability. Novice & Intermediate exhibitors will be given priority. Arrange with
Show Secretary when booking entries. Hire Pens must be returned clean to the Show Secretary at the end of the show.
Please bring your own shavings (shorthaired) and wood based cat litter (longhaired).
Trophies & Rosettes: Awarded as appropriate, cards for first 4 places, all classes.
32. Pet Class: 50p per entry - entries taken on day. Exhibitors of main classes may enter other small and furry animals in
Pet Class. Exhibitors may enter hamsters in Pet Class if showing 3 or less in the main classes.
PET JUDGING COMMENCES – 2.00pm prompt (entries by 1.30pm please) followed by Hamster Racing (Pet Class &
Hamster Race entry – 50p). Hamsters cannot be entered in any other classes if exhibited in class 21, D14 or 32.
DIRECTIONS:
From M1. Leave motorway at J37 signposted Barnsley/Manchester. At roundabout take exit onto the A628 (signposted
Manchester) Follow A628 for approx 3 miles through Silkstone. At small roundabout at Hoylandswaine take 3rd exit on to
A629 (signposted Huddersfield) Continue for approx. 5 miles. Bear left at the Sovereign Pub on left past the caravan
sales area on to the A635 signposted Manchester. Continue forward into New Mill. As you come down the hill turn sharp
right (go in R filter lane. (See post office opposite you) on to the A616 signposted Huddersfield. Continue on this road
entering Brockholes. Turn right immediately after the zebra crossing and you will see the village hall set on the slope in
front of you to your left. From M62: Leave M62 at J24. Follow signs for A629 Huddersfield. Continue on this road
following signs for Ring road, Town centre, Oldham. When you reach the ring road (you will see the Bus Station and multi
story car park opposite you) turn right and stay in the middle lane following signs for A616, Holmfirth, Sheffield through
traffic lights. Follow signs for Home Valley and bear left after Suzuki garage on left. Bear L at lights at end and follow road
for 3 miles. Keep in left lane at Honley Somerfield Garage and past playing fields entering Brockholes. Turn left
immediately after zebra crossing in front of post office. The hall is on your left set on the hill side. Please note there is
limited parking by the hall so you may need to drop off then park in a street parking place.

__Sara__
04-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Oooo, i might come!! :D is anyone else going?

souffle
04-13-2009, 05:11 AM
We will be there as it is us who are organising it :)

hamster mum
04-13-2009, 06:44 AM
Aaaargh, going on holiday on the 25th, I would have loved to go. :cry:

__Sara__
04-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Ok me and Tot might head down :D For the hamster race do you have to bring your own ball? I think i have one someplace :)

souffle
04-14-2009, 09:04 AM
The race is through a tube run sara. Two identical tube runs are set up (they can be taken apart in case someone wont come out!) and hamsters are timed running against each other. For pets you enter on the day and then you can also enter racing. You can bring your hammy in a carrier or its own cage for pets. :)

__Sara__
04-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Ok, ace!! I enterd my Lola into the Bradford show, that was fun :D i might get my friend to bring Milo!!, if you need any tubing i have tonnes of Rotastak tubing im not using. But im sure you have enough :)

souffle
04-26-2009, 02:33 AM
Congrats on your results everyone! :) BIS, Junior BIS & BOS Syrian went to Carl Parker at Tuftyfluffs with BIS Dwarf going to Wellington, Junior BIS to Jade and BOS Custard (Pophammy)

It was a great day but pretty tiring, as we were organising everything and were dashing madly around in the kitchen. :P It was lovely to see everyone and to meet some new members of the forum. :) Think we saw Tot racing Sara. I think he may have come second?

We did OK in the show even though we only entered 3 hams. Neither of the Syrians (Alliana and Alice/Parma (or Parmalice as we call her! :P)) got anything. Harriet (WW) came fourth in her class, third in Junior and got BOS Junior. :w00t:

Here are some piccies. :D

The hall

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn139/anastasia-pophammy/abr1.jpg

The show bench

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn139/anastasia-pophammy/abr2.jpg

Pophammy judging pets with Mollz_Mum

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn139/anastasia-pophammy/abr3.jpg

Souff running the kitchen!

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn139/anastasia-pophammy/abr4.jpg

Leedsgurl's Patch and Mylo in the hamster racing :)

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn139/anastasia-pophammy/abr5.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn139/anastasia-pophammy/abr6.jpg