PDA

View Full Version : Love My Fluzzy

Dubbean
07-08-2015, 11:46 PM
I got Fluzzy about 8 months ago and am surprised how much I love this hamster. She is a Syrian and looks just like the one in the upper left corner of the forum.

The other night Fluzzy escaped, she knocked her wheel off and used it to climb up and chew the screen off her terrarium and escaped. The next morning I heard a suspicious amount of rustling coming from under my kitchen sink. I opened the drawer just in time to see Fluzzy run under the cabinet from inside. I ended up luring her out with treats (after several terrifying minutes) then grabbing her by her scruff as she tried to dart away again. I was so angry that she had scared me like that so I just had to put her back in her home so I could calm down. There, she drank water for at least a full minute.

It was then I realized I love Fluzzy. I was so scared she would be lost in the wall forever. I'm moving soon and thoughts of leaving without finding her terrified me. She could have gone anywhere; I live in an apartments. I'm so glad she didn't go far after being out all night. After I calmed down, I took Fluzzy out and just hugged her and cried. Then prayed she hadn't eaten anything she shouldn't. In all likelihood, she did eat ancient food that has fallen behind my 30-year-old stove.

She is fine though and, needless to say, the screen has been replaced with metal mesh and the wheel has been replaced. I'm just surprised that I can love a little hamster so much. Almost losing her made me realize that.

Thin Lizzy
07-09-2015, 03:45 AM
Sounds like Fluzzy had an exciting adventure! What a sweetheart!
Like yourself, I love my 2 so much, I've had many times where I worry too much, but that's what makes a brilliant hamster owner. That unconditional love, that bond is so strong.
I'm so glad she was found safely after her all nighter and that you've made her home more secure.

Shannonmcn
07-09-2015, 06:31 AM
Poor silly Fluzzy, thinking she could live in the cupboards! Glad you got her back safe! They are little escape artists, I would be surprised if there's anyone on the forum who hadn't got a similar story. For such tiny delicate little animals they seem to have no sense of self preservation sometimes!

Dubbean
07-09-2015, 11:21 PM
I agree that they seem to have no sense of danger. But, I love their fearless spirit.

BluerayDarkes
07-10-2015, 06:13 AM
Oh gosh! I remember when I was 18 I had a dark golden syrian male called Turbo, who escaped his playball and no one could find him for an entire night we looked everywhere. He was found the next night sitting next to a bookcase up stairs grooming, was just so happy the cat we had at the time never got him!

Hamsters sure love to give us scares, but we love them unconditionally.