PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get cheap Aspen?

ZachsHoney
06-21-2015, 10:44 AM
Hi Everyone!
Anyone got any links to websites where I can buy aspen shavings in bulk for a reasonable price? I've had by hamster on Fitch since I got her but would love to try out aspen. Thanks for any replies in advance :)

Pebbles82
06-21-2015, 11:08 AM
I'd like to try out Aspen as well and keep dithering over which one to get lol. They sell them in reptile shops and on Amazon, but I was thinking of getting some from here - either Pro Rep or Zoomed as they seem to both have reviews in various places that say they are the best, but I can't find out which one, if either, is dust extracted.

Aspen Substrates | Swell Reptiles (http://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/reptile-supplies/reptile-substrates-420/aspen-substrates-1525.html)

ZachsHoney
06-21-2015, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the speedy reply! The prices look great on that website, before ordering I may contact them and ask if they are dust extracted!

ZachsHoney
06-21-2015, 11:22 AM
I have just been looking on another website for the Zoo Med aspen shavings and it says that they are 99.9% dust free so I will probably go for that one! ��

Pebbles82
06-22-2015, 06:30 AM
Great! I'll remember that! I've got a bit bag of Fitch to use up first although might try mixing them :)