PDA

View Full Version : Miss Determined Daisy in: The Case of the Hammie in the Hearth

Hetty
06-10-2015, 01:16 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry it's been such a while for a post, but I have been prowling about : ).....
The adventures of my fluff bear, Daisy ( a.k.a. Miss Determined Daisy, a.k.a The Beastling), have been many and have all gone undocumented. The title of the post is a nod to a hopeful series of mini-stories I'm in the midst of writing.
So, with out any further ado I will regale of Daisy's waddley wanderings.

The parents were out (so the mini-stoves in the sitting rooms were unlit). I and my brother therefore decided to treat Daisy to an epic free run about the sitting rooms. She waddled here and there, pottered excitably under everything....legs were clambered up, cushions thoroughly investigated, corners huffed and chair cushions squished under.
OH. THE. DELIGHT.

The utter joy of it all!

Until.....I left the room.

Briefly.

With my brother still in hamster attendance.

I came back with some snacks (for Daisy, not me or my brother!) and rattled the bowl......There was a flurry of excited chirrups from some where in the room. But no Daisy.....
I rattled the bowl again. More, even more chirruping! Still no Daisy!
My brother and I peered under everything, pull apart everything AND still no Determined Daisy.
Until we heard in the direction of the fireplace, a soft scuffling......followed by an excited hammy ''Puff puff GUFF PUFF!'' Where every she was, it was thoroughly interesting!!!!

The fireplace is blocked with a small Stanley Stove, placed inside the hearth. Yet there remains a substantial gap at the back, which is blocked with insulating panel.This has a crescent gap surrounding the flue of the stove.... The hearth grating also remains behind this, as well as cinders and ash......
Some how, some way, Miss Determined Daisy had manged to get her self in-behind the stove paneling.....inaccessible to us and unable to clamber back out!!
My heart! My brothers heart!
As we set about freeing her, the happy sound of Puffing and Snuffling continued, unperturbed by her humans distress. Eventually, we broke the panel........: 0
With the panel well and truly broken, my hearth hammy, more ash and dust then hamster, waddled merrily out into the sitting room.....oozed her way into my lap....

And plunged her face into her treatie bowl.

Piebald
06-10-2015, 02:12 PM
LOL was she covered in ash? What a good girl to let you know where she was. :)

Hetty
06-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Oh yup! Daisy is a LH dom-spot. So she became a dusky sooty puff ball. And proceeded to smudge her sooty bum all over the sitting room floor and chairs.....charming!

RubyDG
06-12-2015, 05:15 PM
This made me laugh :D. Typical hamster. No matter what you do or where you put them they are going to find the one place it's an absolute nightmare to get them out of! :rolleyes:

Piebald
06-13-2015, 12:36 AM
lol "puff ball" :)
I had a cat that decided to get into the fireplace repeatedly until I gave her a bath after each episode.

Hetty
06-13-2015, 10:09 AM
Oh yes RubyG, you know all about the allure of the inconceivably small crack/opening/vent etc!! If they can squidge in, they're in!!!
The hole she got herself through!!!! Tiny and high!
Piebald, if there was any a word, Puff ball aptly describes Miss DD. When she plonks herself down beside her bowl, she is perfectly rotund and puffy when viewed from behind!

I've left Miss Determined Daisy with my parents (as I have yet again to move). According to my parents, she was constantly sniffing and gnawing at the door of her play-room (upstairs) whilst she roamed about. So my Dad decided to leave her into the hall-way......of which she waddled rapidly down, down the first three steps of the stairs before Dad scooped her up. She was then placed in the downstairs hall and she made an immediate bee-line towards the sitting room door!!!!
The little mink was trying to return to the scene of the crime!!!
So they figured, what harm would it be to leave her run around the same sitting room.......
She was back in that hearth gap PRONTO!
My poor Dad, he got such a fright.......all he saw was a her fluffy butt plumes disappearing into that hole! He too had to re-break the board to get Madam out!!!!