PDA

View Full Version : Everyone thinks I'm crazy!! :D

Robodwarfs18
05-29-2015, 11:35 AM
So my friends, family and classmates think I'm going crazy cause I always look up rehoming centres for small animals on google and I look at the little hamsters in the pet shops. I just really feel sorry for the homeless hamsters to be honest and I just want to take them all home and care for every single one of them! :D

So my question to everyone is, does anyone else think this of you or do you think your a little hamster obsessed yourself. I'd love to know! :D

(P.S. Sorry this is kind of random but i don't know if I'm the only one who gets called this haha)

racinghamster
05-29-2015, 11:41 AM
I lost the plot years ago and have rehomed many mice, gerbils and hamsters in my time! Being a woman of a certain age, I`m still committed to doing what I can for any needy rodent. Anyone who gives their time, money and love to a rodent is a special person in my eyes. It`s the people who shun what we do who are the losers. So no honey, your not crazy. x

SecretlyDying
05-29-2015, 11:54 AM
My friends all think i'm weird because i always save up my dinner money and spend it on the hamsters instead of myself. My parents (especially my mum) thinks i'm crazy because i'm always searching for big cages and my mum doesn't think that hamsters need big cages.. :)

Coco61
05-29-2015, 12:01 PM
No, you are not alone. A good read on HC will tell you that! Before I joined I read here for months. My adult daughter is a member and I wanted to be able to help with her hamsters. Then I fell in love with hamsters all over again whenI hamsat hers. I joined when I got my own baby early this month. My husband used to say I was obsessed with hamsters when he caught me reading HC! Now he looks at the photos of babies too or Hamster of the Month photos!
I have read your other thread about jobs. Good advice there. Look for experience in ways that help you decide what you want to do. That will help you decide what to study at school and be an incentive to work hard for grades! What about a vet nurse?

Robodwarfs18
05-29-2015, 12:13 PM
I lost the plot years ago and have rehomed many mice, gerbils and hamsters in my time! Being a woman of a certain age, I`m still committed to doing what I can for any needy rodent. Anyone who gives their time, money and love to a rodent is a special person in my eyes. It`s the people who shun what we do who are the losers. So no honey, your not crazy. x

Aww thank you! x

Robodwarfs18
05-29-2015, 12:14 PM
My friends all think i'm weird because i always save up my dinner money and spend it on the hamsters instead of myself. My parents (especially my mum) thinks i'm crazy because i'm always searching for big cages and my mum doesn't think that hamsters need big cages.. :)

I understand you :D! I'm always looking for new cages too! Haha thank you for replying x

Robodwarfs18
05-29-2015, 12:18 PM
No, you are not alone. A good read on HC will tell you that! Before I joined I read here for months. My adult daughter is a member and I wanted to be able to help with her hamsters. Then I fell in love with hamsters all over again whenI hamsat hers. I joined when I got my own baby early this month. My husband used to say I was obsessed with hamsters when he caught me reading HC! Now he looks at the photos of babies too or Hamster of the Month photos!
I have read your other thread about jobs. Good advice there. Look for experience in ways that help you decide what you want to do. That will help you decide what to study at school and be an incentive to work hard for grades! What about a vet nurse?

Thank you for your reply! It is amazing how this website can bring people from all different age groups together just because of their love for hamsters! And about the jobs, I would love to care for hamsters and other hamsters and help them get better if I were a vet nurse but I feel faint with blood sometimes and my parents told me that as a vet you may have to do surgery on animals so I don't think that job would be for me but thank you for the idea!

peasypea
05-29-2015, 12:41 PM
I do this too....except for pretty much every animal! my boyfriend thinks I'm mental going on every local rescue website and picking out all the animals I can't yet have :( One day....

Shannonmcn
05-29-2015, 01:50 PM
I just don't talk to many friends about hamsters! My mum, sister and best friend all think I'm a nutter so I just don't get into it with other people :D I do have one friend who has her own little chinese ham but she just loves him, she's not hamster mad about all hams!

My best friend is obsessed with freaking Apple products which is way weirder, a Mac can't love you back!!!

herbi7
05-29-2015, 02:08 PM
Ha, I get this as well. I don't notice how much I'm doing it, but when my I say to my friends or family 'i saw this cat/puppy/hamster on gumtree' they all start rolling their eyes at each other. I even saw a donkey and a herd of cows I wanted to adopt once! I said to my dad, did u no u can buy cows on gumtree and he put his head in his hands, I think he thought he might be asked to cow-sit one day!