PDA

View Full Version : Changing The Bedding

Russian_dwarf
05-27-2015, 06:13 PM
Right now I have Aspen bedding in Echo`s cage, but i don`t really like it too much. I find it to be dusty, I`m not sure if its the brand or what. But I`ve been thinking of changing her over to a paper based bedding, but I`m not to sure how to do this. Will it stress her out, not having any of the old bedding that smells like her in the cage? Or would she be ok as long as i didn`t wash her toys?

Drago31
05-27-2015, 06:50 PM
How long have you been using the aspen? I switched from carefresh to aspen over a month ago and I like it so much more. I have read some people mix substrates so you might do that. My hamsters seem to really like the aspen and it's not dusty at all. It is also very good with odor control. Gone a whole month before we did a full cleaning with the aspen.

Russian_dwarf
05-27-2015, 07:20 PM
Ive been using aspen for about 2-3 months now, and i find that when im cleanig the cage im breathing in dust, and when i look at the bottom of the cage you can see the dust settled at the bottom. Im thinking of switching over to Clean and Cozy, and mixing just a little bit of aspen in, but i dont like using just apsen alone