PDA

View Full Version : Ollie making sniff and snuffling noises.

LancashireLass
05-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Hi Ollie my Syrian who is usually quite laid back has been acting very hyper tonight and as well as running round like a Hamster possessed he has started to make what I can only describe as sniffing /snuffling noises.

I've never had a little boy before and please correct me if I'm wrong, but am I right in presuming that as he is getting older and his hormones are kicking in? Also Willow has been letting off a scent tonight which is, also, why I think Ollie has been so frantic.

J xxxx

leedsgurl
05-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Yep just sounds like he is calling to her - our boys can be quite vocal too! :)

LancashireLass
05-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Omg I have my hands full, lol. Thank you

J xxxx

DrKMcK
05-12-2015, 03:47 PM
Watch what happens when Willow scent is on you and Ollie is in your hands. :-D Ted E Bear used to get crazy on my hands when Patches or Nutmeg were in heat. :-D

Thin Lizzy
05-12-2015, 09:38 PM
Ollie's a horny hammy lol!
Make sure you double check his cage is locked every night lol.

LancashireLass
05-14-2015, 01:27 PM
He seems to have calmed down considerably Compared to last night. DrKMcK was right I was handling Ollie after handling Willow it made him worse.

J. Xxxx

herbi7
05-14-2015, 02:41 PM
This sort of thing always makes me worry a bit about our hammies, like is it ok for us to keep them their whole lives without letting them mate, as they can't be neutered or anything. I know a lot are badly bred and its dangerous to mate certain colours and stuff but I feel sad when willow is in heat and I know she can't ever mate, it seems a bit unfair and I wonder if it makes her suffer at all.

BluerayDarkes
05-14-2015, 03:40 PM
I once had a hamster sized teddy bear that ended up with the scent of a female in heat on it, popped it in to the male's cage and let him go at it as he had gone completely nuts wanting to get to her. I got the bear washed afterwards.

herbi7
05-15-2015, 07:58 AM
Oh, that's so funny! My cat used to go at a sheepskin rug I had before he got old, and he had been neutered! Bit more tricky if u r looking after a girl tho!