PDA

View Full Version : hamster food

candice clews
05-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Hi, we feed all three of our hamsters on what I believe to be , Wagg hamster muesli however the last couple of weeks the food seems to be mainly seeds! All three of my hamsters fudge snowy and cookie do not eat the seeds so everyday seems to have a massive wastage of food! Are there any brands of hamster food that you recommend to feed them on? I don't want something way to expensive and I don't want something that comes in titchy little bags which only last a few days! I was looking at harry hamster any reviews? Thankyou! :p

SonicCharge
05-10-2015, 08:22 PM
I use harry hamster just fine, the only thing I do is take out the brown round pellets, I've heard they are just filler and mine does not like them, he loves the nuts in the mix. But he also refuses to eat the other parts at times, I just leave it in there, he will eat them when he's hungry and soon learn he has to eat it or he won't be getting the nuts or seeds.

cypher
05-10-2015, 11:20 PM
Most hams will pick & choose a bit if you let them but lots of people use Harry Hamster food & get on well with it.
It's a good mix, better than Wagg I would say so definitely worth giving a go.

Thin Lizzy
05-11-2015, 07:17 AM
Harry Hamster is what I give mine and they do prefer it. I use 3 hamster mixes to give mine variety.

candice clews
05-11-2015, 12:12 PM
Thank you all will have a look then! It just seems a little cruel giving them food which is purely seed Even though its new from the pet shop! I would rather be happy and know that all 3 are getting enough food and something they like rather than feeding them seeds and whatever which they dont like!