PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

phinox
05-04-2015, 10:03 PM
Hello this is hard for me to write, as some of you know I have recently lost Cupcake and Smirnoff. Last December I lost biscuit. My remaining hamster stoli is a bit reclusive. I am used to playing with my fluffs when I get home from work around 3 AM. I am having a hard time dealing with the sudden loss of so many. Any advise on how to handle the loss would be appreciated?

cypher
05-04-2015, 11:31 PM
I'm really sorry you're having such a hard time, I know how hard it is losing just one ham & coping with the emptiness it leaves behind but can only imagine how hard it must be to lose three.
Even if stoli is a bit reclusive I hope you get some comfort from having one little fluff, I really don't have much in the way of good advice as I think we all have to find our own personal way of coping with the loss of our hams, for some of us, even though we can never replace the ones that have gone getting another ham can help a lot.
I found getting a rescue or adoption ham helped, just knowing I'd given a needy ham a forever home.
Sorry I don't know what else to suggest, I really feel for you.

Robodwarfs18
05-05-2015, 12:21 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I went through the same years ago when my 3 hamsters passed away. It's very heart-breaking especially losing more than 1 but I've moved on from that now though it did take time. I just reminded myself that they're in a better place where they can roam around free and all of them are together. So I would say that you should do the same and remind yourself. Also enjoy having your hamster you have now and play with him/her all the time to take your mind off your loss. And I would suggest talking to a family member or a friend about your passings, talking makes the situations much better. I wish you the best x

Thin Lizzy
05-05-2015, 09:05 AM
It's hard enough losing a hammy but when you lose 2 close together it really knocks the stuffing out of you. We all deal with loss differently, you're really struggling and I would suggest talking to your family or a close friend, it does help talking about it.
I would focus on Stoli, make more time to talk to him and encourage him. Giving him some extra attention might get him being more sociable.

_Lxly_
05-05-2015, 10:59 AM
i lost my herbet last week and im strugling to cope aswell i got him for xmas and lost him 5 months after suddenly i still dont knw why just spend more time with your current hammie so you dont regret anything like i do xx sorry for your loss

Thin Lizzy
05-06-2015, 05:28 AM
Lxly sorry to hear about Herbert. Another young ham dying young. That's the worst thing, the not knowing how or why.