PDA

View Full Version : a round of applause for ellis!!!!

ellisyellis
02-16-2009, 03:12 PM
congratulations are in order for ellis who today for the first time in his life was caught using his wheel!!!!!

he is over a year old and has never used a wheel before in his life !

i had ended up putting an exersise ball in his cage on the frame as this was the only way he could run. but in pets at home i saw a silent spinner and thought i will try again to get him to use a wheel and he did! i could not bewlieve my eyes tonight as he climbed in and went for a run! i had removed the ball to encourage him. i hope he carrys on using it!

way to go ellis!

haziebabie
02-17-2009, 03:03 AM
Aaah sounds like he has been getting some good exercise! Out of interest how big is his wheel. Mine hardly used their old wheels at all but when I put 8" ones in they are never off them! :x

souffle
02-17-2009, 04:21 AM
Well done ellis for joining 'the gym' at 1 yr old. :D

ellisyellis
02-17-2009, 09:12 AM
its a silent spinner. he has had a trial on one before in his cage but he wouldnt use it all but this time he has! its big enough for him i think. he's only tiny :) x

stripeybea
02-20-2009, 09:59 AM
this was the same with my hamster bea she was 1 and a 1/2 before she would use her wheel i got her a silient spinner too and it was in her cage for well over a week before she took any notice of it. she does still use it at 2years and 2 months but isn't that bothered by it.