PDA

View Full Version : Phoebe had babies early this morning!

i-love-paddy
10-22-2005, 01:53 AM
Phoebe had pups this morning - I heard squeaking at about 2am. She went to the toilet at about 9am and I saw some tiny pink wrigglies but she covered them all up before I could see how many there were.

Mum - Phoebe - Golden Dominant Spot

Dad - Charlie - Golden Satin

She is in a very quiet corner of the house so fingers crossed she will be an ace mum

nooboo
10-22-2005, 02:08 AM
congratulations !!

can't wait to hear how they develop!

give mum some protein treats from me :P

pophammy
10-22-2005, 07:22 AM
Great news, hope she makes a good mum too and can't wait to see the tinies!

i-love-paddy
10-22-2005, 12:11 PM
There are about 9 plus in the nest - hope they all make it :?

i-love-paddy
10-23-2005, 03:28 AM
well, there are 15 pups but found one dead under Phoebe today and she seems to be rejecting the others. Not looking good :(

babyboos
10-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Oh Ems try not to worry she knows how many she can cope with and as long as you give her plenty of peace and quiet and lots of delicious and nutrious protein treats right now you are being the absolutely best mum you can be. I hope she settles down quickly and goes on to raise a large healthy brood, but don't despair if she looses a few along the way this will ultimately be beneficial to the remaining babies who will benefit from her extra milk and attention. 15 was a huge litter poor thing. I understand completely how anxious a time this is for you and I hope the next few days fly past. Good luck to you and Poebe.

i-love-paddy
10-23-2005, 09:54 AM
Well I'm just back from a breeder friend of mine after picking up 2 Goldens and a lovely Sable and saw Phoebe was back on her nest. I was relieved... Just given her a huge bowl of scrambled egg and looked in the nest but it is empty apart from one pup I can see :cry:

I can't see any of the bedding moving so I have to assume she has killed and eaten them all. So I guess I will be left with no pups this time.

babyboos
10-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Aww Ems I have seen this happen and been surprised with three or four little fluffballs in the end. Don't depsair, leave her alone for a bit, she needs to recover anyway as she has gone through this traumatic experience. Sometimes they do this with first litters and go on to be great mums the next time, other times they just wont nurse. I hope one is still with her at least. Hope to see your new guys in due course.

i-love-paddy
10-24-2005, 02:12 AM
The nest is empty today so all babies have gone. :(

flogging_molly
10-24-2005, 02:53 AM
I am so sorry to hear this ems...sometimes these things happen and there really is nothing we can do - you did your best now all you can do is comfort Pheobe like Babyboos says she has had a traumatic experience and needs all your love.

i-love-paddy
10-24-2005, 11:51 AM
I know but finding it quite hard to feel that way.

Just nature I guess-can be grim at times :(

babyboos
10-24-2005, 12:28 PM
Oh Ems I am so sorry. It really does happen for no reason whatsoever. Let her recover her condition and see how she is in a few months. She could go on to have a lovely healthy litter one day soon.