PDA

View Full Version : Willow and her bedding.

LancashireLass
02-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Hi, Willow, who never fails to amaze me, was acting a little bizarre tonight. She came out for her usual run and I happened to be wearing a loose fitting t shirt. I suddenly felt a tugging sensation at the hem of my tshirt and when I looked down Willow was stuffing her pouches with my t shirt, she has never done this before. I have placed more bedding in her cage along with some full tissues and she promptly dragged the tissues into her bed, I learn something everyday.

J xxxx

Josie
02-26-2015, 04:57 PM
My first hamster Josie used to do that she was a cheeky little madame, she is now playing at the bridge with her sisters Daisy and Clover.

I think of her and her sisters every day and how much I miss them:(

Thin Lizzy
02-26-2015, 08:55 PM
Cheeky Willow! My youngest has done this and she wouldn't let go lol!
You can never go wrong with too much bedding! I find the more they have the bigger and better nest.

LancashireLass
02-26-2015, 11:52 PM
Yeah cheeky little Willow but if I could have given her my t shirt I would have done, lol. I suppose she was trying to tell me I need a different kind of bedding, I've come down this morning and her hut is locked up tight, as long as she is comfy and happy that's all that matters.

J xxxx

Thin Lizzy
02-27-2015, 06:26 PM
I love looking at their nests! Twinkle's are getting better, I love it when I call her and her little nose sticks out lol!

LancashireLass
02-28-2015, 12:54 AM
I don't usually see aWillow asleep but since she has made her new and improved bed she sleeps with her head out the door and cute doesn't even come close. Ollie sometimes sleeps with his head out the bedding and it's gorgeous I'm going to try and get photos

Pebbles82
02-28-2015, 04:19 AM
I love looking at their nests! Twinkle's are getting better, I love it when I call her and her little nose sticks out lol!

Me too! Charlie's nest is so big now it reaches the door so he only has to stick his nose out for me to see it through the door!

Thin Lizzy
02-28-2015, 04:18 PM
I put in some extra bedding in Twinkle's cage and I sat back and watched her stuff it into her cheeks and take it to her nest, then went about puffing her bedding up (making it look bigger) and then she made some vocal/chat as if to say "thanks mom, I'm all cosy".

Nibbler
02-28-2015, 09:14 PM
Haha nice story. I love how they find a way of telling us that they need more bedding.
We had a towel over the cage of Nibbler, my 1 yo Syrian, this winter, (initially because we had a new house alarm fitted and he kept setting off the alarm at 2-3am every night a so it was the easiest way until we changed the settings for that room). Well, one morning the cage was covered in pink towel threads, and a nice big chunk had been 'cut' out of the towel from above one corner, dragged through the bars and across the cage to his bed. Apparently it was colder than expected and I hadn't supplied quite enough bedding... I now top up his toilet paper supply so there is always overflow for him to gather up when he sees fit.

I would have paid to see how he managed to do this to the towel though. I can't help but imagine him swinging from the top corner of his cage trying to chew a chunk out of the towel and drag the piece (about half the size of my palm) through the bars.

Dalis_mum
02-28-2015, 09:24 PM
Dali puts everything in her pouches or at least tries not just potential bedding materials. she even tried to pouch my toe once when she was running on the bed lol. I call her my little waste disposal unit.

Thin Lizzy
02-28-2015, 09:38 PM
Haha nice story. I love how they find a way of telling us that they need more bedding.
We had a towel over the cage of Nibbler, my 1 yo Syrian, this winter, (initially because we had a new house alarm fitted and he kept setting off the alarm at 2-3am every night a so it was the easiest way until we changed the settings for that room). Well, one morning the cage was covered in pink towel threads, and a nice big chunk had been 'cut' out of the towel from above one corner, dragged through the bars and across the cage to his bed. Apparently it was colder than expected and I hadn't supplied quite enough bedding... I now top up his toilet paper supply so there is always overflow for him to gather up when he sees fit.

I would have paid to see how he managed to do this to the towel though. I can't help but imagine him swinging from the top corner of his cage trying to chew a chunk out of the towel and drag the piece (about half the size of my palm) through the bars.
What a character Nibbler is! His name is well suited after the towel being used as a blanket!
I'd have loved to have seen him doing it lol!