PDA

View Full Version : Highworth Show - 21st February 2009

souffle
01-23-2009, 05:18 AM
THE SOUTHERN HAMSTER CLUB
Present an Open Show at
Highworth Recreation Centre, The Elms, Highworth, Nr. Swindon, Wilts, SN6 7DD
On SATURDAY 21st February, 2009 at 10.00 am.
Send entries with money. TO ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 9pm Wednesday 18th February 2009.
To:- Mrs Sue Carter, 24 Shepherds Rise, Vernham Dean, Andover, Hants, SP11 0HD,
Tel: 01264 737414 or email: [email protected]
Please make cheques/postal orders payable to The Southern Hamster Club Please enclose a SAE for return of pen-labels.
PLEASE READ YOUR SCHEDULE CAREFULLY AS SOME CLASSES/CLASS NUMBERS HAVE CHANGED FOR 2009.
NO HAMSTER to be removed before end of Show (except Pets) without Show Secretary’s permission.
All Hamsters to be benched by 10.00 am. Judging commences at 10:30 am.
************************************************** ****************************** ************************************************** **********************
SYRIAN SECTION (to NHC STANDARDS)
Judge: Andrew Bryan Book Steward: Susan Washbrook Pen Steward: TBA
SHORT HAIR CLASSES
1. GOLDEN
2. CREAM
3. AOC MALE
4. AOC FEMALE
5. PATTERNED (Banded, Tort, Dom Spot etc)
6. SATIN
LONG HAIR CLASSES
7. CREAM
8. SELF (Black, White, Sable etc)(excluding Cream)
9. AOC MALE
10. AOC FEMALE
11. PATTERNED (as Class 5)
12. SATIN
13. Rex. To include satin, patterned, short & long hair
DUPLICATE CLASSES All Hamsters to be entered into one of the above classes before duplicating
14. JUNIOR (all Juniors to be under 16 yrs)
15. NOVICE (owner not to have won more than 2 x 1st at any SHC shows in classes of 7 or more)
16. SMALL HAMSTERY (owners of 12 or less Syrian Hamsters)
17. YOUNG STOCK (ALL STOCK TO BE AGED BETWEEN 8-16 WEEKS) please put date of birth on entry form
18. BREEDER (exhibitor to have bred Hamster)
19. MEMBERS POINTS CLASS (points go to annual award)
20. GRAND CHALLENGE
SPECIAL CLASS.
21. NON-STANDARD (Long & Short Hair) (HAMSTER CAN ONLY BE ENTERED INTO THIS CLASS)
************************************************** ****************************** ************************************************** **********************
PETS (JUDGED ON TAMENESS & CONDTION) (Judged at 2.00pm) Pets can be exhibited in their own cage or a suitable secure travelling box.
Pets can be entered either in advance or on the day. £1 per entry.
P1 Male Syrian Hamsters
P2 Female Syrian Hamsters
P3 Dwarf Hamsters
P4 Rabbits and Guinea Pigs
P5 Other Rodents (to include Rats,
Gerbils, Jirds, Mice etc)
DWARF/GOSH SECTION (to NHC STANDARDS)
Judge: Leanne Amos Book Steward: Jean Tye Pen Steward: TBA
D1. NORMAL CAMPBELL
D2. ARGENTE CAMPBELL
D3, AC SELF CAMPBELL (to include albino, black & dove)
D4. MOTTLED CAMPBELL (to included black, normal,
dove & argente mottled)
D5. NORMAL CHINESE
D6. DOM SPOT CHINESE
D7. NORMAL WINTER WHITE
D8. PEARL WINTER WHITE
D9. SAPPHIRE WINTER WHITE
D10. NORMAL ROBOROVSKI (can be in Syrian Show Pens)
DUPLICATE CLASSES. All Hamsters to be entered into one of the above classes before duplicating (all classes-criteria as for Syrians)
D11. JUNIOR
D12. NOVICE
D13. SMALL HAMSTERY
D14 YOUNG STOCK
D15. BREEDER
D16. MEMBERS POINTS CLASS (points go to annual award)
D17. GRAND CHALLENGE
SPECIAL CLASS
D18. NON-STANDARD
ENTRY FEES
Main Class (classes 1 to 13, 21 & D1 to D10, D18) 25p per entry. Duplicate Classes (14 to 20 & D11 to D17) 5p per entry. PET Classes £1 per entry.
************************************************** ****************************** ************************************************** ***
SHOW PENS Very limited number for hire 50p each, MUST BE ORDERED IN ADVANCE WITH YOUR ENTRY. Please put number
required on entry sheet stating whether Syrian or Dwarf. No more than 2 Dwarf Hamsters per show pen. Borrower to supply shavings for short hair
Syrians & Dwarfs or wood based cat litter for long hair Syrians. Please remove contents and label before returning at end of show.
ALL HAMSTERS TO HAVE A SMALL AMOUNT OF FRESH FRUIT OR VEGETABLE, A SMALL DOG BISCUIT (which will be
supplied by the club) IS ALSO REQUIRED. (Applies to main show exhibits)
************************************************** ****************************** ************************************************** ***
SALE OF STOCK to comply with NHC sales rules
10:30am to 4pm only. All stock to be healthy and aged 5 weeks or over. The SELLER must provide boxes for their removal & cards giving date of
birth etc. and the seller’s name/phone number. (please put your name on your boxes) The Sales Manager may refuse to sell stock without giving a
reason. 20% of all sales to be donated to the SHC. No unsold stock to be removed until all stock & monies have been checked.
ALL sales animals MUST be booked in with Mark Harris by 9pm Thursday 19th February 2009 phone 01264 737414
The Southern Hamster Club will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage.
Directions:
From M4 J15: Follow A419 (Cirencester). After about 2½ miles turn left (A361 Burford/Highworth). Go under bridge and follow
A361 for 3 miles (1st roundabout, 1st exit- 2nd roundabout, straight over –3rd roundabout, 1st exit.) Go up the hill in Highworth, past
garage, straight over roundabout and immediately turn left opposite The Fox pub. Recreation centre is 100 yards down to the left.
From M5 J11A: Follow A419 (Cirencester/Swindon). After about 20 miles you come to long steep hill (Blunsdon) with traffic lights
at the top. Go straight over lights and take 1st Left, by The Cold Harbour pub to Highworth (4 miles). When you come to the traffic
lights in the centre of Highworth, turn right, after about 100yds turn right opposite The Fox pub. Recreation centre is 100 yards down
to the left. There is large car park at the rear.

furrypolka
02-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Two of our little ones will be entering this show and making the long drive with us from the south coast. Fingers crossed for them, though they are in normally popular classes!

This will be Kettricken's only show before she has pups, so we hope she does OK.

souffle
02-11-2009, 03:49 AM
Good luck to you and your hamsters. Don't forget to enter the duplicate classes too like Novice if it is your first show :D Happy to advise on classes to enter if you need me too :wink:

furrypolka
02-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Thank you, I have entered small hamstery (we have 8 syrians) and novice as I have only attended one show before (with a couple of our older hams that we took on from Tristar, but they were a bit past their best showing days by then!), and we are in our first year of membership.

We have one long haired satin cream boy and one long haired cream girl going with us, plus one in the pet class. I think the cream girl should do OK at least, she's got a lovely size and build.

Zeppelin
02-12-2009, 05:27 AM
I'll be at this one! Hopefully entering my beautiful sable lady. I have been to many shows over the years and helped out pen and book stewarding but never been brave enough to enter any of my bundles. Can't bare to think of them getting a low score cos every owner thinks their babies are perfect!
Should be a great though, looking forward to it.
See you there.

souffle
02-12-2009, 05:35 AM
Nobody looks at the scores but you Zeppelin and 'you always take the best hamster home' :mrgreen:

furrypolka
02-12-2009, 05:57 AM
That's very true - I took my Red to the last show knowing that he wouldn't do very well (due to age and weak colouring) but wanting to see how it all worked. He didn't score highly but in my opinion was still the best hamster there :)

Zeppelin
02-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Thanks, she'll always be my big beautiful lady and we're both very excited (I'm not sure how excited 'Dark Face' really is about it but she's getting extra treats and special attention anyway!)
XXX

Zeppelin
02-23-2009, 05:09 AM
Hello to everyone that came to the show, I was the pen steward for the syrians. It was a good show, I got Reserve in Novice class - not bad for a first main show entry!
Big hello to the lovely couple from Weymouth who showed a couple of gorgeous silver greys - PM me!
XXX

souffle
02-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Many congrats on your reserve Zeppelin and gald to hear you enjoyed your day and helped out. :D

furrypolka
02-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Our two creams didn't do spectacularly well at all unfortunately, due to the boy still being a bit of a baby (judge did say he would come into his colour) and the girl having "funny" fur, we are not quite sure what was meant by that and the judge found it hard to explain but he said she could possibly be moulting as her fur felt a bit harsh.

We did have a successful mating later in the evening though, between our two contenders, so we should have a nice litter of cream babies to look forward to pretty soon.

And our little cinnamon boy, Kirill, won his pet class. He is home bred but not of the standard that would make it in a show, however he is so soft and so glowing with health that we thought we would take him along and he got best male syrian. I felt a bit guilty beating all the children who had brought their little babies along, mind you :oops:

Zeppelin, nice to meet you at the show - you met people from Weymouth with greys? We are from Weymouth with our creams (and goldens at home - not shown this time due to female just recently had a litter and boy getting a bit old, though he did enter pet class but was a bit lively!) - interesting to know if there are more people from this part of the country as we do feel a bit out on a limb!

Zeppelin
02-24-2009, 05:10 AM
Heya Furrypolka! It was definately you I met from Weymouth, maybe we were pointing at greys (I'm easily distracted by a silver grey!). I remember talking with you about breeding you 2 entries - good luck with that, let us know how Mum and potential babes get on.
If you're ever up this way let me know.
Much love
XXX

furrypolka
02-24-2009, 06:06 AM
Hello! For a minute there I thought we weren't alone down here on the south coast, but I did suspect it might have been us (we did talk about greys, there were some lovely ones on the table) as I don't think there are any other hamster breeders near us. Hence the enormous demand for our babies, I swear we could have a litter every week and still have to turn people away.

I am sure I will be attending more hamster shows in the future - may give Dawlish a miss as most of our hamster population won't be ready for that one for various reasons (litters or age) but will be back again with Kettricken and Ruaridh when they are a bit older and hope for a better score. Hopefully will see you at one soon!