PDA

View Full Version : Who has Chinese living together??

NaomiR
01-16-2009, 06:09 AM
I've got 2 Chinese and they're male and female, I adopted them seperatley (at different times) and they're the opposite sex so theyve always had their own cages BUT I was recently contacted by a woman who needed to surrender 2 females, which I went to collect.

Poor little things were wedged into a tiny cage but they were indeed living together - she said they were about 10 months old and she had to give them up because her cat kept trying to get to them.

Anyway they haven't been here a week yet and I've had to seperate them - IS IT ME or something in my house they don't like??

It started off with tiny noises then on the second day (here) they were literally tumbling round the cage together and Vera was bleeding.

So I really had no choice but to seperate them. Did I act too quickly or does anyone have any chinese that will tolerate another member of their own species???

Seems such a shame for them to live on their own they are such sociable little creatures, well they are to ME anyway!!

internet_nobody
01-16-2009, 06:20 AM
Did you move them into a better cage? It seems that putting animals in a cage too small for them to have their own distinct territory in means they don't fight, so that might be why they fell out when you took them in.

Bunsey
01-16-2009, 03:52 PM
don't worry, female chinese are very solitary. It's probably what Internet_Nobody said - the only reason they weren't fighting before was because they were in a tiny cruel cage.

chase
01-27-2009, 11:39 AM
It's nothing you have done wrong Naomi. Females together even sisters will fight really badly. Well done for taking them in. :D

Foreverhamsters
01-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Female Chinese arent great at living together although occaisionally a mum and duaghter will live together, one of the lines i have here seem to be really relaxed and the females arent very aggressive (which is highly unusual for chinese!). sisters nearly always fight in my experience.

kimtekz
02-27-2009, 09:28 AM
I have mined together for 6 months now 3 of them. They never fought and females.

Mine is doing great together for some rare reason.

They never squeal or hear noises from each other.

lozza84
10-28-2009, 07:49 AM
my 2 females live together (mum and daughter) i took them in from a lday who said her son was allergic to them, they have bee fine together since theyv been with me (since yday) :D