PDA

View Full Version : Not only is Freya still awake, she's crazy!!

CPalmer
12-10-2014, 01:36 AM
Usually Freya is in bed when I get up... If she's not she's getting a snack before heading in to her nest.

This morning she is redecorating.

I got downstairs to find her nest had been moved and she had dug out the bedding from her dig box to create some barricades!

I got her out for a play, to find her far more interested in digging through the sofa. NOPE. So she had a run in her ball whilst i undid all her hard work. haha. mean mummy.

Figured she'd head to bed after this extra exercise. NOPE

Back in and digging tunnels. Under her wheel, under her bottle, her nest now looks like it has mighty defences.

I can't tell if she has now gone to bed, or if she is deciding on her next offence is the best defence move.

Willow Wisp
12-10-2014, 01:45 AM
Bless her, I wonder what's going through her head whilst she's beavering away rerouting everything :)

Pygmypuff
12-10-2014, 02:40 AM
Awh, she's gorgeous. That's adorable, too! I love her cage set up, where did you get the wooden toys from? It looks great - especially with the defenses up ;)

cypher
12-10-2014, 02:43 AM
Busy, busy ham lol! You do have to wonder what they're thinking sometimes ;)
I love that shot of her peering into the sand bath! :)

CPalmer
12-10-2014, 02:57 AM
Bless her, I wonder what's going through her head whilst she's beavering away rerouting everything :)
I have no idea! I'd love to know lol

Awh, she's gorgeous. That's adorable, too! I love her cage set up, where did you get the wooden toys from? It looks great - especially with the defenses up ;)
:) Thanks, I got most of them from zooplus. Wooden toys she can chew on rather than the habitat lol

Busy, busy ham lol! You do have to wonder what they're thinking sometimes ;)
I love that shot of her peering into the sand bath! :)
She always looks so innocent lol. Especially when she gets little bits of substrate on her nose

greysome
12-10-2014, 04:05 AM
Oh she's so cute and tiny! How old is she?

As for her lil fortifying kick--erm, I'd keep an eye for hints/clues of any nefarious plots she may be planning. And just to be safe, I'd batten down the hatches and hunker down--but make sure you have all her favorite snacks on your side. There's no better way to get a hammie to capitulate than through their stomach.

Thin Lizzy
12-10-2014, 04:58 AM
Aww CJ! How cute is littler Freya!
Love the photos, love Freya!
She looks as though butter wouldn't melt lol!
Twinkle reminds me of Freya - how old is Freya? Twinkle's over 4 months but if she make chaos in her cage and I go and tidy it, she goes mental and before long the cage looks worse than before.
She's a little diva!
Always have her favourite treats in stock!

CPalmer
12-13-2014, 06:50 AM
Oh she's so cute and tiny! How old is she?

As for her lil fortifying kick--erm, I'd keep an eye for hints/clues of any nefarious plots she may be planning. And just to be safe, I'd batten down the hatches and hunker down--but make sure you have all her favorite snacks on your side. There's no better way to get a hammie to capitulate than through their stomach.

She is defiantely tiny. She survived Wet tail before we adopted her so she's alittle stunted lol. She's 1 year 1 month lol. And a total weirdo!
I gave up tidying after her, apart from repeatedly straightening her wheel after she dug under it and upset the level of it. Either banging on the sides, or not moving at all cause it was touching lol.

Aww CJ! How cute is littler Freya!
Love the photos, love Freya!
She looks as though butter wouldn't melt lol!
Twinkle reminds me of Freya - how old is Freya? Twinkle's over 4 months but if she make chaos in her cage and I go and tidy it, she goes mental and before long the cage looks worse than before.
She's a little diva!
Always have her favourite treats in stock!

It's worse when I do a full clean out. She gives me such a look when I tidy her larder. It's like she looks at it, comes out and gives me the stink eye, huff and gets to work making it all look right again.

haha Poor thing.

Thin Lizzy
12-14-2014, 03:54 AM
Ah the stink eye!
Had that look from twinkle. Infact I thought she was going to turn into the "hamster hulk" lol.
I tend to now clean around her while she's in the cage, she prefers this and when I need to do the spot she's at - I ask her to move politely and she does!
It's like she's checking my cleaning cage skills out ha-ha!

CPalmer
12-14-2014, 07:45 AM
Oh no, Freya can't be there when I'm cleaning. She deliberately sits in the way and looks at me. No Mum you cannot put more wood shavings in. Nope I'm not moving. Whats that? You want to clean out my wet spot? No I'm going to park my butt right over that patch and just watch you out the corner of myeye. A ball. No I'm not going in that. Nope. I'm staying here

DrKMcK
12-14-2014, 08:09 AM
She really is a cute little ham CPalmer. I love her redecorating skills. We may think the setup looks great the way we do it, but the hams always have other ideas. :-D Good job Freya! :-D

CPalmer
12-14-2014, 10:00 AM
She really is a cute little ham CPalmer. I love her redecorating skills. We may think the setup looks great the way we do it, but the hams always have other ideas. :-D Good job Freya! :-D

You should see it now. LOL. She's actually taken half the stuff out of her digbox and piled it in lots of little heaps. Maybe she'd practising to make a snow man? I have no clue, but she must of had fun! I've left it alone this time as it's not making anything look dangerous lol