PDA

View Full Version : P is for Pooky!

Skeever
11-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Pooky does the most wonderous things!

Long story short. My usual reclusive self found me taking Pook out for a bit of play....before I knew it, my friend/neighbor knocked, and I answered the door. With Pook on my shoulder.

I went to put Pook down for a moment, then someone came in my place, and I thought it was my neighbor, and it was yet another friend out of the blue. So I figured put Pook in his ball so he feels safe and he doesn't flee or leap or......

When the second friend said his bit, and had to go, the neighbor was there and wanted to see Pook, so I opened the ball, talking soothingly to Pook....this is your uncle so and so....

In the ball, Pook looked out. Looked at the neighbor.....turned around in his ball, so his pook butt faced said neighbor? And lifted his tail. And peed. At the other person.

I've always said Pook pees AT people when he likes them. I could be wrong. I don't know if he likes my neighbor. But he's done the same to me inside the cage once or twice.

Is this like a secret masonic handshake for hamsters? First hammy I've known to PEE AT PEOPLE????

This is too weird to make up.

Skeever
11-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Ok, I have a secret. My neighbor /friend is an okay, nice person, but well, I really don't like them all that much. So naturally I'm wondering now, WHO pook pees at, and why.

Imagine if I could use him as a kind of lie detector, or dating service??? 8-[

Thin Lizzy
11-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Ok, I have a secret. My neighbor /friend is an okay, nice person, but well, I really don't like them all that much. So naturally I'm wondering now, WHO pook pees at, and why.

Imagine if I could use him as a kind of lie detector, or dating service??? 8-[
Maybe he just needed to pee and well your neighbour did interrupt his playtime!

Skeever
11-27-2014, 06:05 PM
I thought about this. He did get out rather suddenly. It's the whole 'point and shoot' that has me wondering...and the fact I watched him do this , through a plastic part of the cage, at me...about a month ago. Hard not to take it personally.

It was also kind of hard to watch today, cause I saw it from snif, snif , hello! to ....hmn, turn around, position (at this point I know exactly what is next and can't believe there's nothing I can do at this moment, combined with....oh, no....Pee at the neighbor? YES POOKY, DO IT!!!!!!! while pretending to be a bit horrified) ...tail lift, and.........

the rest is history.

"Pook's Love Connection Barometer: 100 % guarantee!!!" !

*pats Pooky on the head, gives him a treat* THAT'S MY BOY!!!!!!!!

8-[

kyrilliondaemon
11-27-2014, 06:47 PM
lol you'll have to keep an eye on him, maybe test potential future girlfriends with him too, then he can judge their suitability and possibly save you a couple of dates working it out :p

Skeever
11-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Yup, it's important to approach this scientifically!

It would be morally wrong of me to slip a few salted monkey nuts in his food, to increase thirst and that would mean more water drinking and th-------

8-[

Ok, ok, I know....that would be wrong. You don't have to say it.

:oops:

kyrilliondaemon
11-27-2014, 07:54 PM
No-one said adding something tasty to the water would be wrong though... ;)

BrainGirl
11-27-2014, 08:26 PM
That...is hilarious! Skeever, that's a no to the salted nuts, and before you suggest it, NO BEER!!!

DrKMcK
11-27-2014, 08:42 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL. I love that hammy! A furry barometer on 4 feet. :-D

CPalmer
11-28-2014, 12:53 AM
:D hahahaha I'd love to meet Pooky... but I'm not sure if i'd want to be peed at or if i'd be offended if he didn't :D

Skeever
11-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Pooky is shocked by the mention of beer. Says he an orthodox Syrian? :shock:

I have to hope it can go both ways , CPalmer, since he has peed AT me a couple times, and used to delight his first week in letting it rip while I held him. It wasn't that so much as the little smile afterwards that I found disturbing. I mean, was it just a smile of relief? Was it love? Was it sheer arrogance?

But I'm pretty sure it was disdain when he did it to my neighbor. :-|

Guess we'll have to start calling him Mr. P from now on?

He has gotten extra cuddles and treats since last night, so we'll see what positive reinforcement does. What's amazing is, he toilet trained himself once I made a potty corner again for him. When he was a pup it could have been nerves. These days, it's sheer chutzpah ;)

BrainGirl
11-28-2014, 08:56 AM
*ahem* beer was invented in Syria, I don't see his problem:rolleyes:

Skeever
11-28-2014, 09:09 AM
Let's just say...he doesn't eat PORK either ;)

kittokitty
11-30-2014, 04:10 AM
Awwww x3 Probably wasn't so cute for your friend, though.

Awesome name, by the way

Skeever
11-30-2014, 09:17 AM
It was cute for Pook and I though.... :p Pook got spoiled that evening, afterwards, LOL.....

Pebbles82
11-30-2014, 09:46 AM
I think it calls for one of those identification parades. You get a lot of people you know to come round and stand in a line and walk pooky past them one by one and see which ones get the butt treatment. Obviously he can only pee once, but he can still go through the motions with the others! Then yes you can suss out which people are worth knowing and which aren't. Dogs get a sense of whether they trust people or not, so maybe hamsters do too.

Charlie seems to have a thing about computers at the moment and likes sitting on the keyboards.

Skeever
11-30-2014, 09:50 AM
You might want to get him an unplugged in old keyboard of his own. In case he decides to claim the keyboard by....ahem.....marking it. ;)

Pebbles82
11-30-2014, 09:55 AM
Yep we were a bit worried about that and lifted him off pronto! Might be interesting to see what he wanted to type though!

Skeever
11-30-2014, 10:09 AM
I'd rather they learned to use a game controller, then we could play Co op........ :D

BrainGirl
11-30-2014, 10:52 AM
You can get waterproof silicone keyboards y'know;)

Skeever
11-30-2014, 11:08 AM
You can probably get waterproof silicone everything these days.... :p

So how is the little hammy's novel coming along ? :D