PDA

View Full Version : Chirping noises

LancashireLass
11-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Hi,

Recently Willow my Syrian who is 15 months old has been making these sweet little chirping noises and I was wondering if this is normal? Health wise she is fit as a fiddle, she is eating well, extremely clean, she uses her bathroom as normal and she loves her Willow playtime although sometimes it can get a little late. It's just sometimes either when she is in her bed or out in her cage I can hear these sweet little chirping noises and I was wondering if she is trying to tell me something .

Many thanks
J xxxx

Skeever
11-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Pook started getting vocal lately, and he's about five-six months. Once I'm aware of it happening, I notice quite a lot of sounds then, since I'm tuned into the range of noises. I think they just kind of mutter and giggle to themselves alot when they're happy? :D I'm guessing the more I respond to his chatter, the more things he says....since he finally got the human's attention.

Never seems problem related though, except for nightmares, which I putter around near the cage to wake him from. Oh, and the little puff of air he wasn't expecting on the rare occasion today when he chewed a cage bar .....cough......he let out a yelp and ran ....then glared at me. Which he never did if I puffed on him when he chewed bars. I think it just startled him that much, out of the blue as he saw it....the lights were off, so he didn't see me coming? :p

The chirps are adorable, though now, Pook seems to brux more often than any other noise....

Skeever
11-23-2014, 11:08 AM
Poo on the internet! Double post! Grrrrr.

LancashireLass
11-23-2014, 11:24 AM
Aw Pook sounds sweet, I suppose it stands to reason when Willow chirps and gets a response then the more she will chirp.

J xxx

Pebbles82
11-23-2014, 12:47 PM
Chirruping sounds lovely! It sounds like contentment to me. Or maybe they really are trying to learn how to communicate!

Goldie Flower
11-24-2014, 06:49 AM
All three of my hams do it! My two syrians will chirrup to one another and get a response, it always makes me smile when I hear them 'talking'. I can always tell when my dwarf is awake too as he constantly makes noises. With mine at least they always seem to be playing or contented when making those noises so I wouldn't think it's a problem :)

leedsgurl
11-24-2014, 09:00 AM
Willows brothers and sisters also do this every now and again :) I'm not sure if they are communicating or it is just contentment :)

LancashireLass
11-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Awwwww thank you for your responses its so cute and quite relieved as I really heard chirping before it, Poppy wasn't very vocal. Willow is so adorable

J xxx

Thin Lizzy
11-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Definitely communicating. So always talk back.
Mine are vocal - it's so sweet!

Pumpkinsmom
11-24-2014, 09:39 PM
I heard faint chirping noises from my Robo tonight for the first time. He was in his dish filling his pouches when he did it. Then I heard it when he was just running around his cage. He sounded kind of like a little mouse.