PDA

View Full Version : Monty the not so 'horrible hamster'

Sarah McGarry
11-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Hi everyone!

As some of you have probably seen from my previous thread I have rescued a Russian dwarf hammy from a lady who said he had a 'terrible personality' and was a 'horrible hamster'. I have let monty settle in for 24hrs and then not so long ago I saw he was up. I plucked up the courage to slowly offer him food and then put my hand in his cage. As I stood there thinking he would take my arm off at any second monty jumped onto my hand opened his mouth and...... Started to lick my hand?! I looked at it little face am immediately cried like a baby he just wanted someone to love him and he did not try and bite me once! Can't believe I was even nervous now!
Xxsarahxx

Gazmo
11-10-2014, 10:22 AM
aww thats such a sweet story! :3 x

BrainGirl
11-10-2014, 10:22 AM
Aww! That is so incredibly sweet! I'd have cried too :')

Sarah McGarry
11-10-2014, 10:32 AM
I'm so emotional! I cant believe how lovely he is. What was she doing just grabbing him out of his nest or something??? Literally every time I go to the cage he comes up to the bars and tries to climb out onto my hand :grin: I should have known it was her to be fair, I have spent long enough in a rescue now to know its always the owner!! ha ha

xxSarahxx

SiriusBlack
11-10-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm so emotional! I cant believe how lovely he is. What was she doing just grabbing him out of his nest or something??? Literally every time I go to the cage he comes up to the bars and tries to climb out onto my hand :grin: I should have known it was her to be fair, I have spent long enough in a rescue now to know its always the owner!! ha ha

xxSarahxx

She must have been. At least he's with you now :)

NiceCrocs
11-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Aww the little darling <3 what a lucky ham to get rescued by you! Owners who don't know anything about their pets wind me up so much >_<

Skeever
11-10-2014, 02:57 PM
:) :) :) :)

Made my day! Goes to show how right it was to rescue him! Goes to show how grateful we should be that we don't see something as furry and loveable as this ham as some kind of horrible hamster and some twisted , nasty creature. Gratitude that we aren't like that cretin of a woman who 'owned' the ham....clearly someone with issues....someone so miserable inside herself that she can see a lil critter just wanting to be loved as something terrible. Great story from start to end....keep us posted on the lil furball :)

DrKMcK
11-10-2014, 10:42 PM
You've really made me feel happy Sarah. Monty is truly home in his forever home. How wonderful, lovely and sweet your description is. :-)

cypher
11-11-2014, 12:44 AM
That's so sweet, you & Monty are going to be great friends now & he must be sooooo happy! :D

Willow Wisp
11-11-2014, 02:33 AM
Yep there never was a horrible hamster, just a horrible previous owner :)
I'm so happy little Monty has found a happy home at last :)