PDA

View Full Version : UGH!

n_t
11-10-2008, 11:58 AM
my hammy is doing this really annoying thing where he goes into his playpen full of charlie chinchilla sand and stands up on the bars with all four legs then he wees directly out of the cage (basically in between the bars) onto my desk!!! its driving me nuts, i wake up to fine hammy wee all over my books and on my desk everywhere :( help...i have tried to mix in some of his wee and put it in a corner...but nothnig happens. i am desperate lol.

n_t
11-13-2008, 02:47 AM
uhmm...guys...any help? LOL. i have resorted to putting newspaper everywhere on my desk...help...help... :|

sarah
11-13-2008, 04:31 AM
Oh dear, your hammie sounds like a little exhibitionist lol! If he's only peeing through a certain area of his cage you could try tying some cardboard to the bars to discourage him. I did this when Tinker would kick his food through the bars. If he just moves on to do the same behaviour elsewhere in the cage then I would perhaps consider getting a different cage without bars.

souffle
11-13-2008, 09:03 AM
This is quite common. Male hammies think they are weeing in the potty but they lift their tails so high it goes out the edge. Only think I would suggest is getting a taller potty or one with an enclosed lid. He may be better in a larger one as well so as he can stand in it and wee without reaching the edge.

arikata
11-13-2008, 07:10 PM
I don't know if this will help but you can get potties which have a tall back, they are triangular shaped. I'm sure I saw one in Pets at home a few days a go!

n_t
11-14-2008, 12:15 PM
well seems that he likes trying to kick sand out of his cage too...he is one messy hammy LOL. i have just put in newspaper underneath the cage....the other day i was like "hahahahaha you cant dirty my table anymore!!!" and he just looked at me as if to say "i'll find another way!!!" :P :P :P anyways i dont mind...he is a spoilt baby lmao :roll:

arikata
11-14-2008, 12:45 PM
well seems that he likes trying to kick sand out of his cage too...he is one messy hammy LOL. i have just put in newspaper underneath the cage....the other day i was like "hahahahaha you cant dirty my table anymore!!!" and he just looked at me as if to say "i'll find another way!!!" :P :P :P anyways i dont mind...he is a spoilt baby lmao :roll:

lol, these hamsters just don't know how good they've got it lol