PDA

View Full Version : i got my hammie from petco... um I forgot if campbell dwarfs can be black?

Hopefullygettingahamster
10-12-2014, 12:47 AM
Yesterday I got a dwarf from petco (don't worry I got him from the back, he's technically a rescue) and he's black. Now I know Campbells are usually lighter, but can they be black?

Teddy001
10-12-2014, 12:52 AM
Can you post a photo? I have a Campbell's that maybe a hybrid, that was almost solid black when I first got her. Does your hamster have a dark stripe down his back? Here's what my Campbell looks like, but her coloring has changed a bit.

cypher
10-12-2014, 01:23 AM
My first hybrid was almost completely black when I got him, he did change colour quite a lot as he aged though.

Colby and the Dwarfs
10-12-2014, 07:42 AM
Any Russian you get at the pet shop is a hybrid, for sure. There aren't WWs, or Campbell's in pet shops. I would love to see him:)!

Hopefullygettingahamster
10-12-2014, 12:46 PM
He has a little white under his chiny chin chin. Idk how to upload pictures from my phone though. :/

jemmalg
10-12-2014, 01:06 PM
I don't know much about dwarfies, but I've noticed that black Campbell's have recently appeared in non-standard class at shows, so they do exist! As mentioned though, without papers he's probably a hybrid :)