PDA

View Full Version : Working in a museum...

Hekomi
08-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Isn't always dull. I want to be an interpreter. What does that mean, you ask? Well, I don't translate different languages in the way a translator does...

But I take "difficult concepts" and make them accessible to the public in a fun, entertaining way.

While, I WISH I was in this video, this is a good example. It's great, it's catchy, it's informative.

And I want to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARZ2IPpTBvw

If you're bored and want a laugh, I definitely encourage you to give it a watch. :) Museums are totally not boring, and stuffy. They can be a lot of fun.

Skeever
08-15-2014, 10:12 AM
I worked at a vanGogh exhibit at the Met in NYC. Working in a huge museum like that was far from boring, and half the fun was watching people interact with art and history...with or without interpretation. The visitors who could interpret were interesting, but the visitors who couldn't were more fun to watch.... ;)

Even giving directions can be interesting......go straight to the sarcophagi of Tutenkhamen, take a left and go straight till you see the bed of King Louis XIV. The bathroom is next to the Rembrandt.... :p

Skeever
08-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Now I have images of Hekomi working in the Museum of Natural History, doing an interpretative dance in a hamster costume, about life in the Western Deserts...... :shock:

Hekomi
08-15-2014, 10:21 AM
That... that sounds awesome, all of that! I wanna work at the Met!

I love engaging with the public, it's fantastic.

I would totally do an interpretive hamster dance.

StarHammy
08-15-2014, 10:28 AM
That video is awesome! :D I would love to work in a museum one day, but I'd probably be more in the research sector because I love science.

Hekomi
08-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Haha, that's the opposite of me, I love working with people. :)

Skeever
08-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Now I'm picturing entire scenes from a Hammy musical....."Better than 'Cats!' "

Hammy! could sooo be a musical! LOL

StarHammy
08-15-2014, 10:34 AM
We should totally do that, lets open a Hamster History and Development Museum to teach people proper hamster care, history, etc. That would be awesome! Then we'll have somewhere to put on the show, and we can research their too into hamster genetics and stuff.

Hekomi
08-15-2014, 10:34 AM
"Oh, well, never was there ever, a ham, so clever as jumping, jovial, Java!"

"Ziggyham, the railway pet, the ham of the railway track!!!"

StarHammy
08-15-2014, 10:53 AM
Nice Hekomi, very nice. I can imagine that with music in the background.

Hekomi
08-15-2014, 10:55 AM
I always joked about opening a hammy museum.

'Cages through the Ages'

'Different fluffs with different stuffs'

'Let's go a-wheeling'

'Is your hammy smarter than a fifth grader (mouse)?"

Exhibits like that... opening in a city near you... -dramatic fade out-

StarHammy
08-15-2014, 11:04 AM
I would go, lol. Maybe I could drag my friends over their too, so we can all go to the hamster museum! In reality its not a bad idea to educate the public, but it would be a bit of a small target group of people who would come. Maybe when I get older and more experienced instead of having a hamstery I'll open a hamster museum.

Too many options!

Hekomi
08-15-2014, 11:06 AM
Yeah, one would need to do a lot of community outreach. It would make more sense as a roving/moving museum.

StarHammy
08-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Yeah, maybe we could go to schools and show off our little fuzzies. But we would also need a base of operations somewhere to do research and let the hamsters rest when were not on the road.

JBH316
08-15-2014, 12:55 PM
I always find it fascinating hearing about other peoples jobs and what they love to do.

Apart from being in the FBI (I just want to flash the badge :mad: ) I have zero career aspirations. I just can't find anything that I love to do. Or even like to do :mad: If I could, I would just hang out with my dogs all day!

dave123791
08-15-2014, 01:23 PM
I always find it fascinating hearing about other peoples jobs and what they love to do.

Apart from being in the FBI (I just want to flash the badge :mad: ) I have zero career aspirations. I just can't find anything that I love to do. Or even like to do :mad: If I could, I would just hang out with my dogs all day!

FBI??? I would love to work in FBI, that would be a dream come true :) Do you have a weapon of some sort??

JBH316
08-15-2014, 02:29 PM
FBI??? I would love to work in FBI, that would be a dream come true :) Do you have a weapon of some sort??

Only my razor sharp wit :mad::mad:

Skeever
08-15-2014, 03:01 PM
"The snacks, Ma'am, nothing but the snacks"
Joe 'Ham' Friday
-Dragnet

DrKMcK
08-21-2014, 10:41 PM
I keep thing of how "Jellico Cats" could be changed to fit hammies. I loved "Cats" on Broadway. :-D I am never going to look and the Museum of natural History the same way ever again. :-D

Hekomi
08-22-2014, 04:57 AM
You know, I'm going to spend all day trying to make a Hamster version of Jellico Cats now, right? :P

DrKMcK
08-22-2014, 09:28 PM
You know, I'm going to spend all day trying to make a Hamster version of Jellico Cats now, right? :P

And when you do we can make it be the theme song for Hamster Central! :-D

Skeever
08-22-2014, 09:35 PM
"Midnight! All the hammies are gnawing!" ...... Now I have to read Elliot's Book of Practical Cats to the fuzzheads.......heh

DrKMcK
08-22-2014, 09:38 PM
Ha! I actually sang it out loud! I have Practical Cats! LOL :-D