THE NORTHERN HAMSTER CLUB
PRESENTS A SHOW UNDER NHC RULES ON SUNDAY 16TH NOVEMBER 2008
AT LYMM PARISH HALL, PEPPER STREET, LYMM, CHESHIRE, WA13 0HR

DOORS OPEN: 10.15AM
STOCK TO BE BENCHED BY 10.45AM
JUDGING COMMENCES: 11.00AM PROMPT Show Secretary: Anita Workman
Phone No: 0161 272 6733 or e-mail: [email protected]
Catering: Cathy Mousette

All entries are non-transferable and cannot be refunded. LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT WITH THE SHOW SECRETARY. Cheques should be made payable to the Northern Hamster Club.
All Sales MUST be booked in with Ken Skill, Tel: 07742 822060 or e-mail: [email protected] together with all pedigree details. Sales and Donations will not be accepted without a pedigree certificate and correct accompanying paperwork.
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: -
THURSDAY 13TH NOVEMBER – 9.00PM

CLOSING DATE FOR SALES: -
MONDAY 10TH NOVEMBER – 9.00PM
SYRIAN SPECIES JUDGE: TBA
Syrian Straight Classes: 25p per entry
1. Golden m/f
2. Cream m/f
3. Yellow m/f
4. Cinnamon m/f
5. White m/f
6. Patterned m/f
7. A.O.C. m/f
Other Syrian Classes: 25p per entry -
8. Satin m/f
9. Longhaired White m/f
10. Longhaired Cream m/f
11. Longhaired Patterned m/f
12. Longhaired A.O.C. m/f
13. Longhaired Satin m/f

20. Non-Standard m/f Syrian Duplicate Classes: 5p per entry
14. Junior (member under 16 years)
15. Novice (member in 1st year of exhibiting)
16. Intermediate (member in 2nd year of exhibiting)
17. Young Stock (up to 16 weeks old)
18. Breeder (bred by exhibitor)
19. Grand Challenge
DWARF SPECIES JUDGE: TBA
DWARF SPECIES STRAIGHT CLASSES: 25P PER ENTRY
D1. Campbell Normal m/f
D2. Campbell Albino m/f
D3. Campbell Argenté m/f
D4. Winter White Normal m/f
D5. Winter White Sapphire m/f
D6. Winter White Pearl m/f
D7. Chinese m/f OTHER SPECIES DUPLICATE CLASSES: 5P PER ENTRY
D8. Junior
D9. Novice (as above)
D10. Intermediate (as above)
D11. Young Stock (up to 16 weeks old)
D12. Breeder
D13. Grand Challenge
DWARF OTHER CLASSES: 25P PER ENTRY - D14. Non-Standard m/f
All the above classes MUST be exhibited in the approved show pens.
One piece of fruit or vegetable and a small dog biscuit (supplied by Northern Hamster Club) MUST be placed in the show pen before benching.
Hire Pens: £1.00 per pen – subject to availability. Novice & Intermediate exhibitors will be given priority. Arrange with Show Secretary when booking entries. Hire Pens must be returned clean to the Show Secretary at the end of the show.
Please bring your own shavings (shorthaired) and wood based cat litter (longhaired).
Trophies & Rosettes: Awarded as appropriate, cards for first 4 places, all classes.
32. Pet Class: 50p per entry - entries taken on day. Exhibitors of main classes may enter Roborovskii’s and other small and furry rodents in Pets. Exhibitors may also enter Pets Class if showing 3 or less in the main classes.
Other Activities: Hamster Racing will be held at this Show so don’t forget to bring your little racers with you!
PET JUDGING COMMENCES - 2:00 p.m. prompt followed by Hamster Racing (Pet Class & Hamster Race entry – 50p)
Hamsters cannot be entered in any other classes if exhibited in class 20, 31 or 32.

Directions: From M6 Northbound: - Exit at Jct 20; follow A50 Lymm/Warrington to RAB (right hand lane). Take 3rd exit on RAB, cross over motorway to 2nd RAB and take 2nd exit A5158 Cherry Lane. Follow road for approx 2 miles to T-junction. Turn left on Church Road and then immediate right onto Eagle Brow. Follow road across mini RAB, down hill past Barclays Bank on left then road bears left over bridge with white railings. Turn right into Pepper Street just after Zebra crossing, and then bear immediate left. Parish hall is on left next to car park.
From M1 Northbound (via Woodhead Pass):- Exit Jct 36 and take A61 (Manchester), 3rd exit on RAB. Continue to A616 (Manchester) then left onto A628 Woodhead Pass. Continue on A628 to M67 and follow for Stockport/Manchester to end of motorway. Bear left at T Lights onto M60 Stockport/Manchester and * exit at Jct 8, signpost A6144 Carrington. Bear left on slip road onto A6144 Manchester Road and follow for approx 5 miles, through Carrington and Partington towards Lymm. As you approach Lymm centre you will go over a canal and road bends sharply to the left. Pepper Street is 2nd turning on left before Zebra crossing (there is a cenotaph and Somerfield on the corner of the road). Bear immediate left and Parish Hall is on left next to car park.
From M1 Southbound:- Take M62 towards Leeds/Manchester. Continue onto M60 following signs for Manchester/Trafford Centre. Go past Trafford Centre and exit motorway at Jct 8. At end of slip road bear right at RAB and over the motorway onto A6144 Carrington. Follow directions for M1 Northbound *.
DUE TO RULES OF THE VENUE THERE WILL BE NO DOGS ALLOWED AT THE SHOW.

nooboo
10-23-2008, 05:42 PM
online entry system up and running!

please go to www.northernhamsterclub.com (http://www.northernhamsterclub.com) you will see the link to the entry system located on the right hand side of the screen ( you may need to scroll right)

please read the help file before creating a username ;)

first time for this to go live so any issues feel free to email me ;)

arikata
11-10-2008, 09:23 PM
I would very much like to attend this one again now I am up and running on my own set of wheels! Which also means no moaning pain up the bum of a boyfriend :lol: Hopefuly I will have the day off work, I will drop hints to my manager tomorrow. I will know by friday!

Does anyone know if anything will be on sale? I'm desperate for a new hamster cage due to Rhys the Syrian chewing threw his :roll:

souffle
11-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Hope to see you there Katzilla. There are not normally any cages for sale at shows unless members brings along cages they do not need anymore I'm afraid. If you are looking for a hamster you could e mail the sales manager to enquire what is booked in.
If you want to enter the main show entries need to be in by Thursday but pets can be entered on the day.
Please say hi to us. :D

arikata
11-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Hope to see you there Katzilla. There are not normally any cages for sale at shows unless members brings along cages they do not need anymore I'm afraid. If you are looking for a hamster you could e mail the sales manager to enquire what is booked in.
If you want to enter the main show entries need to be in by Thursday but pets can be entered on the day.
Please say hi to us. :D

I do hope I can make it!! I won't be entering any shows, I might bring Rhys to show him off and to enter him into Pets. Will there be a tube race again? I'll have to train him up ready (que montage accompnied by 'the eye of the tiger' lol) I would love to buy another hamster, I doubt the OH would be impressed though. Saying that, If I don't say anything he probably wouldn't notice one more cage :roll:

nooboo
11-11-2008, 07:03 PM
there will be hamster racing! you should bring your critter along for the pet class and that ;)

there will also be some hamsters for sale too, there may be a few wire cages for sale...not quite sure at the moment, sales has just been handed over to me too so right now i am a little lost under information :p

do hope to see you there, i will be the one looking slightly confused near the door ;)

arikata
11-12-2008, 04:08 PM
there will be hamster racing! you should bring your critter along for the pet class and that ;)

there will also be some hamsters for sale too, there may be a few wire cages for sale...not quite sure at the moment, sales has just been handed over to me too so right now i am a little lost under information :p

do hope to see you there, i will be the one looking slightly confused near the door ;)

Nooboo, we have met before you moo lol! You sexed my robos for me in Lymm last time? I was the hungover one lol!

Rhys wanted a Cambridge and couldn't wait so I had to order it this morning :roll: :D

My OH would seriously kill me if I got another hamster. We took in loads of unwanted robos which have kind of taken over the flat, we're still looking for good homes for them all.

mai_roberts
11-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Shame your so far away, i would love to go to a hamster show! :lol: x

Hope you all have a fab time x :D
Are there ever any hamster shows in south wales do you know? xx

Jane
11-15-2008, 01:06 PM
I'll be there! :D I'm a 14 year old girl with brown hair looking lost most of the time :lol:

arikata
11-15-2008, 04:15 PM
I'll be there! :D I'm a 14 year old girl with brown hair looking lost most of the time :lol:

lol I'll be the 21 year old version of you then :D

I have the day off work so shall be borrowing my friends satnav and driving down. I shall have to get some motorwa practice tomorrow!

souffle
11-15-2008, 04:39 PM
There are shows in south Wales quite often mai or near bye anyway. Your closest will likely be Cardiff and there are also shows in Bath no too far off. :D There is a list of shows on the National Hamster Council site and I normally post schedules here a few weeks before a show :D

mai_roberts
11-16-2008, 02:49 AM
There are shows in south Wales quite often mai or near bye anyway. Your closest will likely be Cardiff and there are also shows in Bath no too far off. :D There is a list of shows on the National Hamster Council site and I normally post schedules here a few weeks before a show :D

awh cool thank you :)
Ill have a look on the site now :D x
Do any of you do to shows in wales? x

arikata
11-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Absolutly gutted I couldn't come, I've caught a nasty tummy bug that's doing the rounds of Stockport at the minute :( My friend was supose to come as well for her first show so she's equally gutted :( Can we not re-enact the show when I'm better? :P

souffle
11-17-2008, 03:35 PM
It was a very busy show Katzilla. Hope you can make the next one in Mapplewell? We were looking out for you there.