PDA

View Full Version : Bath Show - 1st November Schedule now added

hamsterman
10-05-2008, 05:22 AM
:D Who's going to this one, does anyone know how far the show is from Bath Spa railway station - is it walkable or would it be better to bus it, - what bus would I need from the train station?

Foreverhamsters
10-05-2008, 07:43 AM
i don't think i will be able to make bath this time, depends on when my holiday finishes, parents booking holidays when hamsters shows are on, so inconsiderate! :lol:

WE55EX HAMSTERY
10-06-2008, 02:00 AM
I will be there and I think that I will have Alex's show team with me.

When I'm show manager I will have to plan the dates better :wink:

Foreverhamsters
10-06-2008, 09:59 AM
i think you will rob, :P i will give you a list of my holiday dates hehe :x

Basia
10-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Are you going to be show manager Rob?
I am going to Bath :wink:

Hana
10-09-2008, 04:10 AM
I want to come! Bath's sorta near me... :lol:

Kay_zee
10-09-2008, 08:04 AM
I may be coming with Poppet as it's a reasonable distance, just got to do some convincing to the would-be-driver. :wink:

vnewman236
10-10-2008, 04:05 PM
I was thinking of getting a cab from the station, but I'm waiting for someone to put a schedule up so I know the exact address and find out how much the fare will be.

Shame you won't be there Alex, this will be Indiana's debut...(well, if I get there :lol: )

I_am_plankton
10-11-2008, 01:12 AM
The schedule is up, http://www.towyvale.com/shows08/bath08.pdf

It is Claverton Down Road :)

hamsterman
10-12-2008, 07:10 AM
:D I am coming to this one by train (Bath Spa station) I don't think it is walkable from the station to Claverton down road, and I don't know if there are any suitable buses that go from the train station to the Claverton down road area, so I priced a cab and was told it will be around £8.00 one way.

I_am_plankton
10-12-2008, 01:09 PM
looking at google, the train station is 1.6 miles from the venue and it looks as if there are buses from outside train station to the venue

souffle
10-13-2008, 03:19 PM
THE SOUTHERN HAMSTER CLUB
Present an Open Show on
Saturday 1st November 2008
Claverton Down Community Hall, Bath. BA2 6DT
Send entries with money. TO ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 9pm Thursday 30th October 2008.
To:- Miss Jean Tye. 21 Garrick Road, Twerton, Bath. BA2 1QX
[email protected] NO TELEPHONE ENTRIES PLEASE
Please make cheques/postal orders payable to Miss J Tye Please enclose a SAE for return of pen-labels.
PLEASE READ YOUR SCHEDULE CAREFULLY AS SOME CLASSES/CLASS NUMBERS HAVE
CHANGED FOR 2008.
NO HAMSTER to be removed before end of Show (except Pets) without Show Secretary’s permission.
All Hamsters to be benched by 10.00 am. Judging commences 10:30 am
************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************
SYRIAN SECTION (to NHC STANDARDS)
Judge: Wendy Barry Book Steward: TBA Pen Steward: TBA
SHORT HAIR CLASSES
1. GOLDEN
2. CREAM
3. PATTERNED (Banded, Tort, Dom Spot etc)
4. AOC MALE
5. AOC FEMALE
6. SATIN
LONG HAIR CLASSES
7. CREAM
8. SELF (Black, White, Sable etc)(excluding Cream)
9. PATTERNED (as Class 3)
10. AOC MALE
11. AOC FEMALE
12. SATIN
13. Rex. To include satin, patterned, short & long hair
DUPLICATE CLASSES All Hamsters to be entered into one of the above classes before duplicating
14. Junior (all Juniors to be under 16 yrs)
15. Novice (owner not to have won more than 2 x 1st at any SHC shows in classes of 7 or more)
16. Small Hamstery (owners of 12 or less Syrian Hamsters)
17. Young Stock (ALL STOCK TO BE AGED BETWEEN 8-16 WEEKS) please put date of birth on entry form
18. Breeder (exhibitor to have bred Hamster)
19. Members Points Class (points go to annual award)
20. Grand Challenge
SPECIAL CLASS.
21. NON-STANDARD (Long & Short Hair) (HAMSTER CAN ONLY BE ENTERED INTO THIS CLASS)
************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************
PETS (JUDGED ON TAMENESS & CONDTION) (Judged at 2.00pm) Pets can be exhibited in their own cage, or a
suitable secure travelling box.
Pets can be entered either in advance or on the day. 75p per entry.
P1 Syrian Hamsters (Male) P2 Syrian Hamsters (Female) P3 Dwarf Hamsters
P4 Rabbits & Guinea Pigs P5 Rats, Gerbils, Mice etc
DWARF/GOSH SECTION (to NHC STANDARDS)
Judge: Susan Washbrook Book Steward: TBA Pen Steward: TBA
D1. NORMAL CAMPBELL D5. DOM SPOT CHINESE
D2. ALBINO CAMPBELL D6. NORMAL WINTER WHITE
D3. ARGENTE CAMPBELL D7. PEARL WINTER WHITE
D4. NORMAL CHINESE D8. SAPPHIRE WINTER WHITE
DUPLICATE CLASSES. All Hamsters to be entered into one of the above classes before duplicating
D9. JUNIOR (all classes-criteria as for Syrians) D12. MEMBERS POINTS CLASS (points go to annual award)
D10. NOVICE D13. GRAND CHALLENGE
D11. BREEDER
SPECIAL CLASS
D14. NON-STANDARD
ENTRY FEES
Main Class (classes 1 to 13, 21 & D1 to D8, D14) 25p per entry. Duplicate Classes (14 to 20 & D9 to D13) 5p per entry. PET Classes 75p per entry.
SHOWPENS Very limited number for hire 50p each, MUST BE ORDERED IN ADVANCE WITH YOUR ENTRY. Please put number
required on entry sheet stating whether Syrian or Dwarf. No more than 2 Dwarf Hamsters per show pen. Borrower to supply shavings for short hair
Syrians & Dwarfs or wood based cat litter for long hair Syrians. Please remove contents and label before returning at end of show.
ALL HAMSTERS TO HAVE A SMALL AMOUNT OF FRESH FRUIT OR VEGETABLE.
HAMSTERS MUST HAVE A SMALL DOG BISCUIT (which will be supplied by the club) (Applies to main show exhibits)
SALE OF STOCK to comply with NHC sales rules
10:30am to 4pm only. All stock to be healthy and aged 5 weeks or over. The SELLER must provide boxes for their removal & cards giving date of
birth etc. and the seller’s name/phone number. (please put your name on your boxes) The Sales Manager may refuse to sell stock without giving a
reason. 20% of all sales to be donated to the SHC. No unsold stock to be removed until all stock & monies have been checked.
ALL sales animals MUST be booked in with Mark Harris by 9pm Thursday 30th October 2008 phone 01264 737414

Maisydae
10-15-2008, 03:03 AM
Two bus services that i know of go up to the venue, the 18/418 and the 20C.
A taxi really will be that amount each way.

I live in bath, and have got the day off work especially to bring my Mr Darcy! :D

souffle
10-15-2008, 04:59 AM
Be sure to let us know how you enjoy the show maisydae :D

Maisydae
10-16-2008, 01:33 AM
Of course i will! I missed the last one becuase the boss was away and i was needed but this time i made sure i had someone to cover me!

*grr! I cant go now! The person that said she would work for me has decided she would like the morning off :evil:
Looks like I have to wait till the July one again (which i will probably also miss :cry: )

furrypolka
10-21-2008, 03:50 AM
This is the day after my wedding, I am still hoping to come along in the afternoon to pick up a couple of new females that I have reserved, but it's a 4 hour round trip for me so I won't be able to make it early enough to actually enter any hams :)

Zeppelin
11-03-2008, 06:22 AM
Hello!
I was book steward for the Syrains, really good turn out and a wonderful selection of hammies.
Congratulations to all who entered and hello to all that came :D
See you next year!

hamsterman
11-08-2008, 12:13 PM
:D I probably saw you at the Bath show but didn't know who you were, Glad you had a nice day. I will look out for you at next years show - well done on being pen steward :D

Zeppelin
11-10-2008, 04:36 AM
Heya!
I will definately be at next years Bath shows, hopefully get out to some of the others as well....
I'm gonna finally pluck up some courage to show some of my bundles too...
See you soon!