PDA

View Full Version : pairing

10-03-2008, 01:21 PM
http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v312/160/45/1303304377/n1303304377_30097469_5735.jpg
this is our hamster, knabbel.
to start with, we don't know what race he is, we thought he was a roborovski, tonight we figured out that he is a campbell. could anyone help us?
secondly, he is 5 months old. if he is a campbell should he have a male companion? or is he too old for that?

souffle
10-09-2008, 03:41 AM
I can only see his back half sarah so cant be sure. Can you make the piccie smaller? I think he is either a normal Winter white or a campbells normal. Whichever he is I would say he would be perfectly fine on his own now and you may end up with fights if you try and introduce another one to him now. Just give him plenty attention and out time with you. I notice he has fluffy bedding and a fabric bed sarah. I would not advise you to use these as it can hurt your hammy if it gets stuck in his teeth, bowel or twisted round those tiny toes. I know they sell it as safe but I have seen many hammies die from bowel impaction or lose toes when the blood supply is cut off. Best use either the chipped paper bedding or ripped up white loo roll. He looks very cute and friendly :D

leafpool14
10-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Yep, thats definitely a Winter White, you can tell by the dark black arch on the side where the 2 colors meet

I cant imagine how beautiful he would look if his coat turned white :D

Leafpool