PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Mylo & his Mom

MylosMom
06-30-2014, 08:37 PM
Hello! I have been reading posts for a while, & have decided to join. Mylo is my first hamster since I raised, bred, & showed teddy's as a kid. (My husband thinks I am crazy! :p) He is quite spoiled and even has a garden tub devoted to his exercise every night, complete with a playground.

Artisans_uk
06-30-2014, 11:29 PM
Welcome to HC, MylosMom.

Mylo sounds like a very lucky hamster. Congratulations on reentering the hamster world. Looking forward to seeing a photo of him in his playground, if he stops still long enough for a photograph! :)

spyro87
07-01-2014, 12:27 AM
Welcome to HC both of you :)

hope to see pics of him soon :D HC loves pics

MylosMom
07-01-2014, 07:14 AM
He is a very shy little guy, so I am very sensitive with him. It took a while for him to accept petting & even months later he prefers not to be held. When he gets scared, he does what I call the Buddha pose. He squats down as though he is pushing every liquid from his body and sits there dumbfounded in his pee. My teddy's were snugglers, but I do not push him. I was right when I saw him, he needed a quiet adults love. :D

Hope this pic uploads! I am trying to post them from my phone.

MylosMom
07-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Here is Mylo in his playpen. :)

Esmy
07-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Hi, nice to meet you. :) I'm from NC as well. Lucky Mylo to have a tub to himself. :) He's cute and does look bashful in the picture. Welcome to the HC!

MylosMom
07-02-2014, 10:15 AM
Thanks Esmy! Glad to see another NC person in the mix. You have a nice family of critters there. I really want to help with fostering or get another hammy, but my husband thinks we have a , menagerie with 3 cats & a hamster, LOL! My bedroom as a kid was filled with tanks & I had a bunch of chinchillas in the main part of the house.:)

Esmy
07-02-2014, 10:33 AM
Thank you MylosMom! There are others from NC here too. Some from Raleigh. :) I have 2 cats as well. Nice combination, huh? lol Do you keep your hamsters in a spare room now? That's what I do. The cats hate being shut out and stake out at the front door. lol Seems like you had a fun critter farm when you were a kid. :)

MylosMom
07-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Mylo is in our master bedroom with us because that is the only closed door in the house. Which drives the cats & husband crazy! Only one of our cats poses a threat to him as the other two are 14 years old. They are even fine on the bed when he rolls around in his ball. My husband has had more of an adjustment being Mylo has had some nights he has kept us up. He is like having a toddler. :D

Esmy
07-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Yeah I bet! My Husband would not tolerate that noise. He can hear the hamsters running on their wheels in another unattached room with the door closed. lol Both of my cats are in predator mode when they are in the hamster room. They can't go in unless supervised and I usually kick them out. One sits at the door outside all day and night practically, but she can't jump to get on any of the kids. My other one can. I think he's more curious.

basilthehammy
07-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Welcome to HC!! The more North Carolinians the better :)

Mylo is quite handsome

MylosMom
07-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Thanks basilthehammy! I was telling my husband the other night I should put him up for stud because he is such a pretty boy, LOL. :) Here's a pic I got of him yesterday.

Esmy
07-04-2014, 06:03 AM
Yep, he is cute!

MylosMom
07-04-2014, 07:05 AM
Do either of you know of breeders in NC? I would love to get two dwarfs, either Robo or Winter White. I have never had dwarfs and I think it would be nice to branch out.

basilthehammy
07-04-2014, 07:09 AM
There are none in my area but I have heard of people up by you, let me see if I can find them, I think I saved a website somewhere.

I am about 3-3.5 hours from you

Esmy
07-04-2014, 07:11 AM
I don't know of any dwarf breeders but a Syrian breeder might. I got Oliver from this breeder in Virginia. They may know? But if Basil knows, all the better since she lives in NC.
http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/breeding-hamsters/50982-mono-x-beefalo.html

basilthehammy
07-04-2014, 07:15 AM
I can't find it sorry bout that, but as Esmy said there are some in Virginia and I think one syrian breeder was in Greensboro

Esmy
07-04-2014, 07:16 AM
I do recall someone saying there is a dwarf breeder in the region.

MylosMom
07-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the speedy response! I may put a request in the breeding forum & see what I get. I did find a Syrian breeder in GA, & a cambell & Syrian Breeder in VA.

Esmy
07-04-2014, 07:31 AM
The Virginia one might be the one I was told about. I want a dwarf someday down the road, so would be good to know. :)

basilthehammy
07-04-2014, 07:35 AM
Ooooo campbells in Virginia?!?!?! Would you mind posting/pming me their link?

DrKMcK
07-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Hello MylosMom. He is Beautiful. He really does seem to be a shy boy. He's lucky he found you; someone who understands him. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this lovely hammy. :-)

MylosMom
07-05-2014, 09:00 AM
Basilthehammy, here is the info for the Campbells breeder in VA: http://foxhillhamstery.weebly.com/Let me know how they are if you adopt a new fluffy child. They also have a Facebook page.