PDA

View Full Version : Breeders in Yorkshire

Cherpi
06-07-2014, 02:49 PM
I'm looking for syrian hamster breeder in Yorkshire, UK. As close to Hull as possible. I really don't want to go to a pet shop unless I have to. A bit of travel isn't too bad as long as it's in Yorkshire I'm sure I can sort something out. If anyone could help I'd be very grateful.

souffle
06-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Madabout Hamsters are in Grimsby and Wyngrove Hamsters are south of Durham so these may be of help. Their details are on the Northern Hamster Club site.

Little Ivy
06-07-2014, 03:32 PM
I live in Hull too :) don't know any breeders but will be keeping my eye on the replies to this thread! xx

Cherpi
06-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Madabout Hamsters are in Grimsby and Wyngrove Hamsters are south of Durham so these may be of help. Their details are on the Northern Hamster Club site.

I think I emailed mad about hamsters but have yet to receive a reply. I will look into Wyngrove, thanks.

muddy_dragon
06-09-2014, 04:15 PM
I got my little guy from sue at Roxy hams in Northallerton, I tried contacting Gary at wyngrove originally but sadly never heard back. Sue is absolutely lovely as are her hamsters ( not that I'm biased...) She still had one unreserved hamster from her most recent litter ( Storm's half siblings) last I heard but they may have been reserved by now and I don't think there's any plans for more litters any time soon, but I would really recommend her :)

CricketFairy
07-22-2014, 02:57 PM
I emailed a number of people on the hamster club but only Sue from Roxy Hams got back to me and they aren't looking to breed for a while.

So if anyone gets any other ideas for Yorkshire, please post here!

I would really like to avoid the well known pet shop but do you think it's worth going to an independent pet shop to see if they know of any breeders?

Chi
09-02-2014, 05:52 AM
Hi all, just wondering if you had any luck finding any breeders in Yorkshire area as I'm also in the same boat with breeders not replying etc. Thanks.

CricketFairy
09-03-2014, 12:31 PM
No unfortunately not, it's very disappointing, I think they should at least reply.

I've been checking the website pets4homes but they are mostly baby dwarf hamsters and I would like a Syrian.

I really want to avoid pets at home!

2LittlePuds
09-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Is stockport too far?

CricketFairy
09-03-2014, 12:37 PM
I little bit for me, I'm pretty much in North Yorkshire and also not sure a baby hamster would like an hour and a half in the car.

Thank you though!

2LittlePuds
09-03-2014, 12:41 PM
No probs. Im near blackburn and the breeder in stockport is the closest i could find who actually replied! Hope you find someone soon. The pup im getting is now 14 days old, seems like ive been waiting forever for him!

Chi
09-03-2014, 12:53 PM
Do you think breeders at the Rotherham show this weekend will be bringing any Hammies along for rehoming/selling etc? That is why I tried contacting breeders for but I still had no luck. I hear what your saying about not wanting to have a little pup in the car for a couple hours but Rotherham isn't too far, only about 45mins away?

LuckySaffron
09-03-2014, 01:49 PM
There are going to be sales at Rotherham :) I'm going in the hopes to pick up a little Syrian for myself as I also find it difficult to find a breeder close enough to me (I'm in the North Nottinghamshire/South Yorkshire area), so Rotherham is the perfect location for me.

lovepeaches
10-05-2014, 03:44 PM
I am in Yorkshire and breed mainly creams :D

CricketFairy
10-19-2014, 07:46 AM
Where are you baced Lovepeaches and are you due any litters soon?

lovepeaches
10-20-2014, 04:57 AM
I am in a tiny village called Byram (WF11) you might want to google map it, I had a black eyed cream litter but they have nearly all gone to homes now apart from one little boy, he is still available but is taking a little longer to tame, otherwise I am in the process of pairing a few others :)

WinnieTheHam
12-14-2014, 03:48 PM
I live in west Yorkshire and have the same problem, it's so hard to find breeders

souffle
12-14-2014, 03:54 PM
It's not really the breeding season just now so harder to find pups. There are quite a few around West Yorkshire actually but not many with pups just now. If it says on the site they have no pups just now it isn't really worth contacting them. We hope to have some babies next year in the summer but that's a long wait I guess!

WinnieTheHam
12-14-2014, 04:02 PM
It's not really the breeding season just now so harder to find pups. There are quite a few around West Yorkshire actually but not many with pups just now. If it says on the site they have no pups just now it isn't really worth contacting them. We hope to have some babies next year in the summer but that's a long wait I guess!

I don't want pups just yet, i just want information on breeding and to know that there will be pups in the future.

Babyghost84
03-20-2015, 05:33 PM
There is a lady in doncaster that rescues hamsters from
Shops/if there abandoned o know that one hamster that was rescued by her has had pups so if anyone is looking that may be some help - she's on Facebook and it's called sustains hamster haven - South Yorkshire hamster rescue - hope this helps someone.

AustinsHamsterHaven
10-16-2015, 08:29 PM
Not a breeder but my rescue is based in South Yorkshire- Austin's Hamster Haven. We bring all the animals to their new homes :)

You can see our page at:
https://www.facebook.com/Austinshamsterhaven

Or email us at:
[email protected]