PDA

View Full Version : Maggie n Thatch - Pics Finally

Morphius
08-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Here's some pics of our beautiful Maggie and Thatch two troublesome chinese hamsters.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=34338&l=1a5b7&id=272701222

I also want to thank Pophammy and Souffle for the taming tips as they are amazing and have helped massively with ours and my friends new syrian Widget

happysaz133
08-06-2008, 04:02 PM
They are so cute! Great photos! :D

Morphius
08-06-2008, 04:06 PM
hehe thanks... thatch (the darker one) is currently attacking my legs in her ball :D

pophammy
08-07-2008, 03:15 AM
Awww, your hammies are adorable! So glad our taming article helped you! :D

souffle
08-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Aww they are so sweet. Which one is the dominant spot? Is it Maggie or Thatch? Nice to hear they are taming up well now :D

Morphius
08-08-2008, 04:21 PM
We aren't too sure, perhaps you can help us with that...

When we first got them thatch instantly went to sleep in their bed while maggie roamed the cage for a few hours before finally settling to sleep in a corner of the cage.

Thatch now is dominant on the wheel no question... maggie goes near it and thatch is there making sure she cant, but the roles have flipped so maggie now sleeps in the bed more often while thatch sleeps in a tube...

Also maggie seems to get first dibs on the treats but doesnt tend to fight thatch off much, however if thatch gets to a treat first and maggie comes down thatch will chase her around the cage.

Only reason we are confused is before of the bed....

oh and as I am typing this thatch seems to be running constantly from the tub to the bed staying for a a few seconds then runs back and repeats

pophammy
08-09-2008, 09:26 AM
I think what Souffle meant is which one has the dominant spot colouring. One of your hamsters is white with coloured patches, and this is called dominant spot, whilst the other is browny and this is called normal. :D

Morphius
08-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Ahhhh ok, Maggie is the one with the dominant spot =)

Also Thatch has improved greatly with the taming, until yesterday she really didnt like being held but from last night she's fine with it and will run through our hands =)

Morphius
08-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Theres a load more pictures now on the album at the top =)