PDA

View Full Version : Available rescues / shelters / breeders / etc in VA?

iCupcake7911
03-28-2014, 03:31 PM
Hello everyone! I'm looking forward to adopt another hamster near the start of june, and I want to get prepared!
I'm looking for a shelter, rescue, breeder, etc in the area of Richmond, Virginia, USA.
Thanks! :)
xoxo

alyzimm
05-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Hi there,

Are you interested in dwarfs or syrians?

If you'd like to adopt a Syrian hamster, I can help you out myself. We currently have a 2.5 month old female who is looking for a home, and the pups from our next planned litter will be ready for new homes around the end of June (if all goes well). We're located in Harrisonburg, Va. You can read more about us on ZikaHamstery.weebly.com.

I've not contacted this breeder before, but there is someone who breeds dwarfs in Hampton, Va. Fox Hill Hamstery is recommended by another dwarf breeder I know and trust. Read more about them at FoxHillHamsery.weebly.com

You may also try PetFinder.com, as there are some shelters who put up their hamsters on that site.

I hope this helps you! Best wishes as you search for a hamster to love :)

iCupcake7911
05-20-2014, 04:09 AM
Thank you so much Aly! :D

Esmy
05-20-2014, 07:07 AM
Hi Sly, I went to the other hamsters site but the page doesn't work.

alyzimm
05-20-2014, 08:43 AM
I see what you mean! Hmm, maybe the "index" part is necessary. Alright, let's try this again:

Fox Hill Hamstery (http://foxhillhamstery.weebly.com/index.html)

Esmy
05-20-2014, 10:54 AM
I see it now, thanks. :)

Have you considered putting your hamstery link in your signature? :)

alyzimm
05-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Haha, ya, Sam has asked me a couple of days/week ago if I would make something to go in the signature, and I haven't done it yet! I'm such a perfectionist that I know it will be difficult for the to start. We'll get around to it eventually :)