PDA

View Full Version : Chew Toy

Morphius
08-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Is there any way of making a DIY toy for them to gnaw on?

souffle
08-02-2008, 02:15 AM
You could cut a branch from a fruit tree such as an apple or pear tree, give it a good scub with water and fix that in the cage to chew. Just make sure it is not a tree which has been sprayed. I have also heard of some people giving cuttlefish to chew. Try baking a french bread stick till hard and give a piece. Most cardboard boxes are good to chew and you can cut doors and windows to climb through.

newtohamsters
08-03-2008, 04:49 AM
Hamster Chew Toy - anything that is vitally important to the owner, that should n't be damged ie Credit card bills(taken those to the bank chewed up) important boxes to return electrical goods in, the bathroom rug thingy, pens, shoes etc.

I use Willow stick sorted of wired to the cage Willow loves them and evne tabitha who thinks chewing is actually too much effort gives them ago.

xx

liam4mail
09-14-2008, 06:06 AM
I shall collect some twigs when I am in Ireland next week seeing family. That is in the middle of nowhere so no sprays will have been used. :)

connie_lan61
02-07-2009, 08:17 PM
or u could get dog biscuits from ur friends, or ur local pet store
that way, ur hammie gets calcium and vitamins the same time it is wearing down its teeth :D

happysaz133
02-19-2009, 06:55 AM
I use dog biscuits too, I find they work really well. Jasper gets a winalot shape every week :)