PDA

View Full Version : Bald patch?

HamsterLady
02-02-2014, 12:38 AM
Just wondered if anyone's experienced this? My syrian has developed a little bald patch on the back of his neck area. Its only small but easily noticeable due to him having long, fairly dark fur. He seems a bit less active in recent months, could be old age though for the life of me I can't think how old he is!! I literally have no clue when we got him :( He's eating and drinking as normal, but he sleeps nearly all the time now.

Panda's_mommy
02-02-2014, 12:42 AM
panda has lost a small amount of fur behind his ears but nowhere else. he's a long haired syrian but i think it's just because he's older as he is in perfect health and he hasn't changed at all!

DrKMcK
02-02-2014, 12:58 AM
This does sound like normal aging. Lots of hammies lose some hair or have general thinning hair as they age. It's harder to be sure when you don't know the hammy's age. You can have him seen by a vet just to be sure aging is all it is. It's also normal for hammies to sleep more and not use their wheels as much when they get older.

Panda's_mommy
02-02-2014, 01:11 AM
lol omg panda is over a year old now, while he sleeps a lot he is still on his wheel A LOT! it's his favorite thing in the world!

ChocolateCream81
02-02-2014, 02:44 AM
I agree with the others, it may just be signs of aging!