PDA

View Full Version : Willington Show - 26th July 2008 - schedule

Spuds Mum
07-06-2008, 11:23 AM
THE MIDLAND HAMSTER CLUB
Presents An Open Show Under Nhc Rules On Saturday 26th July, 2008
At Willington Village Hall, Willington, Derbyshire.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Show & Sales entries must be received by 9.00 pm Thursday 24th July, 2008.
SHOW SEC: .: Mrs C Logsdail 25 High Street, Llandovery, Carmarthenshire, SA20 0PU
Tel: 01550 720127 Email: [email protected]
ALL SALES TO BE BOOKED IN TO: ANDREW BRYAN, SALES MANAGER 0121 440 3449
Please note. No entries will be accepted after this date, except for pets which can be entered on the day and which
should be booked in before 2.00 pm. Please enclose an S.A.E. for return of labels or collect them at the show. Cheques
and Postal Orders should be made payable to the MIDLAND HAMSTER CLUB.
Stock to be benched by 10.00am, judging starts at 10.30 am prompt. Pets judged at 2.00pm.
JUDGE –Sheryl Sharkey BOOK STEWARD: T.B.A.
SYRIAN CLASSES (20p per class) DUPLICATE CLASSES (5p per class)
1. S/H Golden m/f 13. Junior m/f (Member to be under 16 years)
2. S/H Cream m/f 14. Novice (Member in 1st year of membership)
3. S/H A.O.C Male 15. Intermediate (Member in 2nd year of membership)
4. S/H A.O.C Female 16. Breeders (Hamster bred by Exhibitor)
5. S/H Patterned m/f 17. Young Stock (Hamster aged 10-16 weeks)
6. S/H Satin m/f 18. Grand Challenge
7. Longhaired White m/f 19. Non Standard (No duplicates allowed) (20p each)
8. Longhaired Cream m/f
9. Longhaired A.O.C Male 21. PET HAMSTER CLASS (50p each)
10. Longhaired A.O.C Female 22. PET RABBIT AND RODENT CLASS (50p each)
11. Longhaired Patterned m/f
12. Longhaired Satin m/f
JUDGE: Fraser Avill BOOK STEWARD: T.B.A
DWARF CLASSES (20p per class) DUPLICATE CLASSES (5p per class)
D1. Campbell –Normal m/f D9. Junior (Member must be under 16 years old)
D2. Campbell –Albino m/f D10. Novice (Member in 1st year of membership)
D3. Campbell –Agenté m/f D11. Intermediate (Member in 2nd year of membership)
D4. Winter White –Normal m/f D12. Breeders (Hamster bred by Exhibitor)
D5. Winter White –Sapphire m/f D13. Free Membership Class (As per Syrian)
D6. Winter White –Pearl m/f D14. Grand Challenge
D7 Chinese Normal m/f D15. Non Standard (No duplicates) (20p Each)
D8 Chinese Dom Spot m/f
Dwarfs may be shown in Syrian Hire Pens if no Dwarf Hire Pens are available. (Other conditions see below)
Sale of stock: Hamsters must be healthy and over 5 weeks old. No hamster for sale to be over 10 months old. The
seller MUST provide a card giving hamsters date of birth, breeder's name and contact address or telephone number and
a box for their transportation home. A commission of 20% will be deducted for club funds. The Sales Manager has the
right to refuse any stock without giving a reason. Please note only fully paid up members may sell their excess stock at
the show. (Membership may be paid on the day.)
SHOW PENS: A limited number of show pens are available for hire at 50p each (Maximum 5 per membership in first
year and 3 Per membership in second year) Please order with entry and specify Syrian or Dwarf. To be returned clean
to the Show Secretary at the end of the show. You must supply your own shavings or sawdust for Shorthaired and
Wood Based Cat Litter for Longhaired hamsters.
DIRECTIONS: From South - take A38 north. Turn left for Willington/Repton, just prior to service station
A5132. Turn left A5132 towards Willington. Follow road to mini island, straight over, under railway bridge
towards Swarkeston, Twyford and Barrow on Trent. The hall is on right after railway bridge.
From North –take A38 South. Turn Left for Willington/Repton A5132 towards Willington. . Follow road to
mini island, straight over, under railway bridge towards Swarkeston, Twyford and Barrow on Trent. The hall is
on right after railway bridge
A dog biscuit (which will be supplied by the club) and a piece of fruit or vegetable MUST be placed in the
show pen before benching.
THE MIDLAND HAMSTER CLUB WILL ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE

Tammy22
07-06-2008, 11:25 AM
:D :D :D Yayyyy!!

I am definately attending this show - it is only an hours drive away!!

Who else is attending?

Tammy x

agatecrystal
07-06-2008, 12:21 PM
I'll be coming(sent my enteries in hours ago) , who is everyone entering?

Bourne Valley Hams
07-06-2008, 01:36 PM

You are very keen!! :lol: There is no need to send entries in so early you know! The show sec won't even be thinking about starting to sort out entries until the weekend before the show. :wink:

Bunsey
07-06-2008, 02:21 PM
i'm going barring something drastic coming up. it's just an hour for me :D

agatecrystal
07-07-2008, 09:21 AM

You are very keen!! :lol: There is no need to send entries in so early you know! The show sec won't even be thinking about starting to sort out entries until the weekend before the show. :wink:

LOL I know just I'm sure I'd end up forgetting and I'd rather have it sorted :)

Spuds Mum
07-07-2008, 11:16 AM
I will be there too (if Sue is happy to have me there?! :wink: ) :D

agatecrystal
07-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Everyone will be happy to!

Mollz
07-10-2008, 12:07 PM

Do you think I should go Teresa? :lol:

Bourne Valley Hams
07-10-2008, 12:53 PM

Who me?????!!! :?: Sadly this is the one Midland show I probably won't get to. It is such a long way from Hampshire. :cry:

Spuds Mum
07-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Aww Sue - I can't believe it! We wont get to chat again...

And Mollz needn't even think about NOT going - she has a very special delivery for me!! :D

Bourne Valley Hams
07-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Hmm. The AA route planner says 140 miles, 2hrs 52mins.
I don't think my chauffeur will be persuaded!! :(

I_am_plankton
07-10-2008, 01:43 PM

Like Sue, I won't be going - it is very far north for a midland show hehe

Spuds Mum
07-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Almost in the Midlands Huh? ROFL only joking - just map wise I am Midlands and never think of myself as a Northerner (Northerners live in Newcastle).

It will seem strange for us - it is our normal journey of about 2-2.30 hours, but we will be travelling down instead of up....hope the car doesn't get scared! :wink:

sorry we wont see you both there though - it is a shame, as I can only get to a few Midland shows, and love seeing my Midland friends who of course, dont mind that I am a Northern member!! :lol:

Bunsey
07-10-2008, 02:46 PM
yeah, this one is across and ever so slightly south for me. Most Midlands shows are in the very South of the Midlands. I guess someone just happens to live in Willington! Fine by me though, it's one of my closest shows :D

internet_nobody
07-11-2008, 12:39 AM

Mine won't take me to a show over an hour and a half away unless its a craft/country fair and there's something for him to do...I think we need new chauffeurs!

Bourne Valley Hams
07-11-2008, 01:29 AM
[quote="Bourne Valley Hams":27cihjdt]Hmm. The AA route planner says 140 miles, 2hrs 52mins.

Mine won't take me to a show over an hour and a half away unless its a craft/country fair and there's something for him to do...I think we need new chauffeurs![/quote:27cihjdt]

Good Lord no!! I've done the changing partners thing once and I'm never going through all that again! :shock: I'm afraid I will have to stick with this chauffeur. :lol:

agatecrystal
07-11-2008, 05:25 AM
It's only half an hour away for me my closest show by far apart from Kingswinford :)

Tammy22
07-11-2008, 05:33 AM
Exactly the same as me :D

I cant believe this show is so far away from so many people!

This is ony an hours drive for me, and as i live in Kingswinford, lol, that show is literally a 2 minute drive!! :D

Tammy x

07-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Its a bit too far for me....and my Dad is visiting that week so he'll probably still be with me. Given he'll have driven down from Lancashire, I probably won't be able to convince him that driving to Derbyshire and back from London for a hamster show is a great way to spend his time while he's staying with me. :wink:

agatecrystal
07-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Exactly the same as me :D

I cant believe this show is so far away from so many people!

This is ony an hours drive for me, and as i live in Kingswinford, lol, that show is literally a 2 minute drive!! :D

Tammy x
I think kingswinford one is about 20 mins away from me :)

Matty Day
07-27-2008, 05:37 PM
just out of intrest how did everyone do ?

Bunsey
07-27-2008, 06:55 PM
hard to remember off the top of my had, but ELC won WW normal, Spud's mum won LH satin.... i forget the rest, sorry :oops: