PDA

View Full Version : new sounds

daydreambeliever
12-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Nibbles has started to make clicking sounds.when I hold him. Does this mean he's angry

JinjaMakes
12-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Harry clicks when I'm in the room or give him treats. I think it means they're happy, but you'll only really tell that from their behaviour. If he's clicking and wiggly to get away it's probably a sign he's not happy.

daydreambeliever
12-25-2013, 04:39 PM
He was walking around me clicking then sat on my shoulder

JinjaMakes
12-25-2013, 04:51 PM
If he's done it and then still sat on you then he must be happy clicking. :)

SinNyx
12-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Clicking can be happy, I am sure if he was unhappy you would know it :) I have had a few hams who over time developed their own little noises when they were happy, of course, if he was nipping then maybe it would be a sign he is angry or anxious, but I don't see it as a worry!

MistyMae
12-25-2013, 07:13 PM
I think it usually means they are happy. Most of our female hamsters are very vocal. A lot of the time its clicking noises. Our hammy Mo Mo makes the cutest sounds especially if she hasn't seen us in a while. She makes a "deat deat deat" sound. She gets excited when you mimic the sound back to her. It is almost like they are trying to tell you about all the things they did that day.

Chester
12-27-2013, 01:24 PM
I think it usually means they are happy. Most of our female hamsters are very vocal. A lot of the time its clicking noises. Our hammy Mo Mo makes the cutest sounds especially if she hasn't seen us in a while. She makes a "deat deat deat" sound. She gets excited when you mimic the sound back to her. It is almost like they are trying to tell you about all the things they did that day.

I'm so hoping our darling little hammie will end up vocalizing her thoughts/feelings as well! Posts like yours make this forum so awesome! Finally, a place where NOT everyone is like 'who do you care, it's just a hamster...' :D

SyrianMomma7
12-27-2013, 02:49 PM
Clicking is a sign of hamster happy, as long as the hamster remains calm, and shows no sign of distress.
xSM7

daydreambeliever
12-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Nibbles does seem happier on my hand now :)

MistyMae
12-27-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm so hoping our darling little hammie will end up vocalizing her thoughts/feelings as well! Posts like yours make this forum so awesome! Finally, a place where NOT everyone is like 'who do you care, it's just a hamster...' :D

I hope she does too! Never knew hamsters could be so vocal or have such big personalities until we got our first hamster Fernando (RIP) a year and a half ago. Then the addiction set in lol.

LancashireLass
12-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Willow makes clicking noises when we let her out her ears are up as well as being bright and bubbly, so I'm thinking she is happy and excited.

Janie xxx

SyrianMomma7
12-28-2013, 10:57 AM
You can definitely tell the difference between happy clicking, and the 'get out of my face' clicking.
If your ham seems pleased, and calm when he/she is clicking, then they love you!
If your ham seems agitated, jumpy, and nippy, then you should leave the poor thing alone!

x SM7

daydreambeliever
12-31-2013, 10:33 AM
Thank you he seems happy:)

Lady
12-31-2013, 12:25 PM
Sounds like happy clicking to me. Try clicking back and you might just have a little conversation! I do with my boy and we click back and forth in turn, it's so sweet!

JinjaMakes
12-31-2013, 12:32 PM
Sounds like happy clicking to me. Try clicking back and you might just have a little conversation! I do with my boy and we click back and forth in turn, it's so sweet!

I click at Harry when I put his food in, now whenever I click he comes running!!

Pavlov's hamsters! Hehe