PDA

View Full Version : Lola Sleeping less

PinkEmily
06-26-2008, 09:28 AM
She will not sleep!! Whenever im awake, Lola is too! Shes awake now biting her plastic shelf :evil: Biting bars, running around ...... oh no sorry now she is biting the roof of her house that she keeps knocking off. Shes doing my head in! If she had it her way she would be out running in her ball, but i let them out at the same time each night at 10 o clock. I did give into her the other day and thought she would tire herself out and go back to sleep when i put her in her cage, but she didnt, lol.... Please say its just a phase!?!?

happysaz133
06-26-2008, 10:14 AM
OK my hammy seems to be going through the same thing! He is just so active! I have him running around the bath for half an hour each night, then back in his cage for a while, then 25 mins running in his ball and he still runs around chewing the bars in his cage.

But then I thought, well he doesn't really have a whole lot to do in his cage, he has a tall cage, with platforms and tubes, and a wheel, but really, nothing interesting. So I've bought him a bigger cage with more floor space and I'm gonna fill it with things to do :D

alvinsfamily
06-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Maybe shes just programmed the wrong way, like some humans who feel tired all day then awake all night!

Id love it if Alvin was awake in the day. Little monkey doesnt wake till half 9 though! x

souffle
06-27-2008, 02:26 AM
She's just a youngster and spring is in the air. We find also when females are in heat they are much more active, running and chewing, rubbing and squirming in the hope a handsome boy hamster will look their way :roll: Enjoy her while she is young and frisky. It passes too quickly and soon they are causing worry as you think they are sleeping too much!! :D

PinkEmily
06-27-2008, 10:13 AM
Lola always seems on heat, smelly and running round with her tale up. I think Dale has noticed because, for a 2 year old, he has suddenly brightened up since the girls have arrived and is always wanting to come out for a run when the girls do. I know hes a totally different hamster but there has to be some kind of explanation for his new lease of life lol. It looks funny, Dale chasing after them in his tiny ball and the girls in their big ones. Its like sports car vs 4x4s, He must have a pretty big headache by the end of it.

Shes actually jus woke up, most likely for the night