PDA

View Full Version : please annswer

pumpkin123
11-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Hiya is it normal for hamsters to wee in there balls? Also what would happen if a fly or a dead one went into the hamsters cage?
Pumpkin123

Daniellabella
11-26-2013, 12:43 PM
well i would say its normal for a hamster to wee in their ball because if they need a wee while in their were else are they supposed to go? i am not a fan of balls although i do think that hamsters have fun in their balls, but i worry that its forced sometimes if they are put in the ball but don't want to be in it they can't get out. and if they want a drink or something to eat they cant! so maybe shorten the time you give your hamster in the ball. maybe you could make a play pen. ??

Also if a fly goes into the hamster cage its hard because its not your fault they are attracted to the cage, if you see on their make sure you get it out. if your not sure how long its been in there i would clean the cage out in case its laid eggs.if i found a dead one i would definitely clean it out as soon as possible.

you can buy fly spray to put on your hamster cage to prevent them from pets at home,but i don't no about that in much detail or how safe it is so you would to do your research i do no you can get it from pets at home!

Hope this helps

pumpkin123
11-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Ok thanx you have really helped xx

Tutu
11-26-2013, 03:50 PM
They not only pee but sometimes poo in their ball or wheel. You shouldn't leave hamster in his ball more than 20 min max per outing !
I don't know about dead fly but live fly is no good for sure. You must get rid off them and try to get the root of the problem. For example hamster's food or toilet attract the fly?