PDA

View Full Version : Running out of options.......

ChocolateCream81
11-20-2013, 10:55 AM
I recently got two russian dwarfs, both males, Dumbledore and Cappuccino. Dumbledore i have managed to tame successfully. But cappuccino, *sigh* won't have any of it. I have tried to put my hand in the cage to see if he would simply walk on, he nibbles( these aren't any old nibbles they really hurt ) :( I can scoop him up and he is not bothered and will walk happily over my hands, but i would like him just to walk onto my hands like Dumbledore.

Thanks in advanced

Gazmo
11-20-2013, 10:58 AM
some hamsters will never be that tame, I mean pumpkin wont do that, and ive had her over a year, but shes perfectly tame x Puffle will start too, but only his front paws, but pebbles will happily :) x

ChocolateCream81
11-20-2013, 12:33 PM
I know.... but I am still going to try with any new methods people have

souffle
11-20-2013, 12:37 PM
He sounds like a hamster with cage aggression. You should never put your hand into his cage but instead use a tube or tub- something like a loo roll tube or a tunnel segment is good. Offer this so he climbs inside then take well away from the cage and let him walk out on to your lap and handle him from there. Try that and see how he does.

ChocolateCream81
11-20-2013, 12:41 PM
Will do! I never thought of that! Will add onto this thread in about a week or so and say whether he is getting better*fingerscrossed*… Thank You!!!

icklemunch
11-20-2013, 01:14 PM
I use the toilet roll tube with my chinese. She's very shy only had her about 4 weeks and she refused to come out, then last weekend tried placing the tube infront of her and in she popped. She now comes out every day this way now. I get cuddles then she gets a play in the playpen :) Try placing a lil treat in if it doesn't work on its own.

Good luck!!

ChocolateCream81
11-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Thanks icklemunch! I will try that tonight, as he has already had an hour and 1/2 playtime!