PDA

View Full Version : Hamster fight after few months???

jacklee228
10-23-2013, 12:32 AM
Hi, I bought 2 white winter hamsters(male and female) few months ago...they get along well, but recently they have been fighting. Last night I had to separate them. Is this the sign of pregnant ? The first few weeks I bought the hamsters, they are really friendly and walk a over my arm...but they started biting me like I'm some sort of food 2 weeks ago...I give them enough amount of food for at least 3 days...

HollyHamster
10-23-2013, 02:19 AM
Please separate the male from the female. You don't want to have a litter on your hands, you just don't. Besides, the female would be stressed out and worn out from having that male always near her and wanting to mate.

souffle
10-23-2013, 02:46 AM
Yes you need to separate them right now. They may well be brother and sister and inbreeding would not be good.
Did they come from a pet store?
If the female is pregnant, and there is a good chance she may be as they can act like this when expecting then you need to think of her welfare just now and feed generous good quality food and leave her very quiet to raise the babies. She would have litter after litter if you leave them together then the babies would have more and you will soon be over run with hamsters :(
They will be absolutely fine on their own and are telling you this now is their fighting.

jacklee228
10-23-2013, 06:22 AM
Yes you need to separate them right now. They may well be brother and sister and inbreeding would not be good.
Did they come from a pet store?
If the female is pregnant, and there is a good chance she may be as they can act like this when expecting then you need to think of her welfare just now and feed generous good quality food and leave her very quiet to raise the babies. She would have litter after litter if you leave them together then the babies would have more and you will soon be over run with hamsters :(
They will be absolutely fine on their own and are telling you this now is their fighting.

Yes, they come from a pet store...I separated them...but even the male bite me after separated in a smaller cage :( how do I stop him from biting me ?