PDA

View Full Version : Housing dwarves together

Pilgrim77
10-17-2013, 01:23 PM
I've been thinking for a while of getting a few more hamsters to add to the crew and to spoil rotten like the others. Haven't had much luck with Gumtree/rescues so probably just go to Pets at Home. I've got my current hamsters there and the hybrids have been easily tamable and good natured.

My robos live apart, as when I got them I didn't know much about having separate wheels, no levels etc... And on the advice of staff in Pets at Home was keeping them in a Mini Duna when you could really have done with more space.

Does the same apply for hybrids? If I were to get 2, would I be best getting 2 wheels and not put in platforms and the like?

Scampi16
10-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Yes, when housing any pair of dwarfs you are best to have one large single level cage, with two wheels, teo food bowls or scatter feed, two water bottles if possible (I only had one for a long time - all was fine, but i have a second now) toys where one can't trap the other, so houses and toys with more than one entrance / exit. This will never guarantee that they won't fall out, so you are always best to have a spare cage if they need separating.
Hope this helps.