PDA

View Full Version : Slight Panic

Timmo
06-20-2008, 06:52 AM
Just put Alfie in his ball and let him run around , looked down on the floor about 2 mins later and nothing but an empty open ball which was shut properly :?. Put a treat on the floor and he just casually came toddling up to it from under the bed haha

jayne
06-20-2008, 07:21 AM
Naughty Alfie!
It amazes me how they managed to turn the door and get out :roll:
I had an experience of my Max doing this and my heart jumped up to my throat!!
They always succumb to a treat in the end :P

Spuds Mum
06-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Some can work out how to open the balls very quickly - and if they do it, they seem to remember for next time too - so be warned! :wink: :D

It might be an idea to use a couple of pieces of sticky tape just to secure the ball 'door' - we have to do this as we have a couple of Houdini Hams! :D

Holly
06-20-2008, 09:15 AM
I'll second what Teresa says - I have one (oddly enough it's Molly who we got from Teresa!) who can get out of any ball I put her in, she seems to remember exactly what to do!

Spuds Mum
06-20-2008, 09:53 AM
maybe I just breed incredible ball-escaping hams! lol :lol:

NaomiR
06-20-2008, 09:54 AM
oh what a nightmare bet your heart sunk?!

glad he came back though that was lucky, and a credit to your handling techniques :wink:

suga
06-20-2008, 10:01 AM
lucky hamster and Timmo by the sounds of it. I expect hammie was having a great adventure out in the wide world :-)

sammys/mum
06-20-2008, 11:52 AM
When Sammy did this he escaped at one end of the room. I shouted his name :D and he popped out from behind my computer (on the other side) as if to say 'What is it Mum?'! I'm glad he knows his name as there have been a few close calls :shock:

agatecrystal
06-20-2008, 01:17 PM
I learnt my lesson and now sellotape them in!