PDA

View Full Version : Say hi to Dusty!

CreamSyrian
09-01-2013, 03:24 AM
I managed to nab my brothers camera for 5 mins last night and obviously the first thing I do is take some snaps of dusty. :)

Dusty is my hybrid girl I brought home on 28th July this year. After losing Fudge in July, I was heartbroken yet it felt strange not having a cute hammy to entertain me in my room. After doing A LOT of research on 'russians', and seeing their cute chubby appearance on HC, I decided it was time to purchase my first dwarf. And as soon as I saw her I knew she was coming with me- her bright beady eyes and curiosity made me fall in love with her! She'd been bullied by her sisters she was living with at the time so I just wanted to take her with me. So home came Dusty with a bite wound on her face.

For a hamster that'd been bullied, she was surprisingly tame. The first two days of taming she would nibble me, not nipping just nibbling out of curiosity. Two days later and she's free ranging in the hallway and having cuddles with me. :D

From then on she's been a great hamster and I'm chuffed I managed to get such a sweet, lovely girl. She's always keen to hop onto my hands every night. I also give her a 5 minute cuddle before I go to bed, and he just sits in my palms so relaxed. So cute!

When she came home with me, she lived in a mini duna. It was ok temporarily but I knew she wasn't getting enough exercise. So I recently moved her into a zoozone 1 which she loves. She wasn't wary of the extra space at all as she is an explorer. She was really excited about getting her new cage and was burrowing and climbing for most of the day!

BTW, my brothers camera is pretty awful, so these snaps are pretty bad. I can't wait to get my own camera so I can do some photoshoots with her and make her a proper thread. Here you go anyway!

caro317
09-01-2013, 03:30 AM
She is beautiful and so friendly by the sound of it :)

PinkyDinkyDoo
09-01-2013, 03:47 AM
oh how cute

icklemunch
09-01-2013, 07:07 AM
She's a little cutie :)

racinghamster
09-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Dusty is very pretty and her markings are lovely. :) She sounds like a laid back character too which is a bonus. Glad you got her a Zoozoone 1 ;)

WendyAnne
09-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Awww! She's adorable! Congrats to you! Sounds like you have found a great new friend! Have fun with her!

Syrian Hammy
09-01-2013, 09:04 AM
She is so so pretty

CreamSyrian
09-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Thanks guys, she appreciates the comments! She is generally laid back yes but is such a whizball when I put all her toys (the ones not in her cage as well) in the hallway. I use the hallway as a playpen for her as its the only hamsterproof room in the house :)

DrKMcK
09-01-2013, 11:28 AM
I love the name Dusty! :-D She's adorable and it's wonderful that she's so tame. Looking forward to more photos of her when you get that camera :-)

CreamSyrian
09-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks DrKMcK, Dusty is flattered that you like her name :D I'm very lucky she is so tame, I didn't think she would be because all her sisters were making the angry 'buzzing' noise when the lady was getting Dusty out the tank :lol: I thought I'd also say that toffee and almond are stunning :)

CreamSyrian
09-02-2013, 06:41 AM
Another (very cute!) picture I got of her last night :)

Truffle
09-02-2013, 08:35 AM
She is just gorgeous