PDA

View Full Version : Russian hamster never been held UPDATE!!

Sparkles mummy
08-29-2013, 02:03 PM
So he is home!!! Poor little fella.
He has lived in a Combi 1 Ferplast cage all his life, and has a house, drink and food bowl in it, that is it... His wheel was taken out as it is "too noisy at night" so he has had nothing to do, no love, no Time out the cage, no human contact and is frightened and nervous of people....

I plan on changing this and giving him a good life, and as for not being allowed to change his name.. And giving him back to her when he dies so she can bury him in the garden.. Not going to happen.

He is going to be given a new name to go with his fresh start in life..

So now that he is rescued...

Any tips for me on how to go about making his life better and introduceing him to trust me and not be so frightened... I hope to show him not all people are the same and that some people do care!

Any advice on how to help this poor little guy is much appreciated

Thank you

icklemunch
08-29-2013, 02:21 PM
Such a sad story but with a lovely happy ending :) as i'm sure his forever home is now with you.

I would personally leave him to settle for a couple of days, but in the meantime talk to him lots.

Hopefully the little man will soon settle in and realise not all of us humans are horrible.

Sparkles mummy
08-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Yeah I know, poor little man, yeah he is theres no way I'm letting him go!!, yeah I was planning to give him a few days, have been talking to him just now but he is very weary and a bit skittish, but I'm not surprised after the life he has had, I hope so, even if it takes a few months I'm not giving up I will give him a better life and try to make him happy