PDA

View Full Version : My first "proper" Winter White

NaomiR
06-15-2008, 12:32 AM
I am thrilled to bits today,at the SHC Show (at Andover) yesterday I fell in love (yes again) with a dear little Winter White. She's Pearl and I've named her Miffy, she is absolutly gorgeous.

I made the BIG MISTAKE of picking her up, just to have a look at her really as she was from a reputable breeder and I wanted to see what their "stock rejects" looked like (honest :D ) but she was just sooOoo lovely I couldn't put her down.

She is extreemly tame and friendly - settling into her Ferplast Duna this morning busy playing "changing rooms" bless her.

I will take some pictures of her later when she wants to actually get up, she's far too busy right now to leave her house work!!

I am VERY happy this morning :D :D :D

Bunsey
06-15-2008, 09:00 AM
aw, yey! i'd love a pearl sometime :D

Mollz
06-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Hey, how did I miss you getting her Naomi? You must have snuck her into your pocket without me seeing! :lol:

Can't wait to see some pictures :D

NaomiR
06-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I got her really early on in the day sorry Molz, it was before I'd seen you!!

Here is Miffy - she is such a darling she's been out 4 or 5 times already today she's going to be exhausted but I need to keep checking she's still so adorable and I had to show her to my Mum who even stroked her!

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj59/naomirussell/hamster/th_miffy150608.jpg (http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj59/naomirussell/hamster/miffy150608.jpg)

Click on the image to make her bigger, yes that is as big as she gets :lol:

BatKat
06-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Miffy is beautiful, i can say this without hesitation as i saw her in the flesh(fur :lol: ) today when i collected a newbie. You are very lucky to have her and she will be a super addition to your hamster family :D

Bunsey
06-15-2008, 03:19 PM
she's a stunning. i love sapphire pearls. What breeder is she from?

06-15-2008, 03:36 PM
I think she's from Duncton - is that right Naomi?

I was with Naomi egging her on to buy her (like she needed any persuading!) and she really is a gorgeous little girl with a beautiful temperament and the sweetest little face. I'm very jealous!

Matty Day
06-15-2008, 11:37 PM
I made the BIG MISTAKE of picking her up, just to have a look at her really as she was from a reputable breeder and I wanted to see what their "stock rejects" looked like (honest :D ) but she was just sooOoo lovely I couldn't put her down.

somtimes you can even get a best in show of the sales table or even a pet shop :wink: its not the case of them being rejects its more of the case of the best looking ones at six weeks and things can change as they get older

yep breeder hams are paticularly hard to resist i realy wanted that dom spot chinese girl myself
:wink:

NaomiR
06-15-2008, 11:46 PM
Yes she's from the fabulous Dunton Hamstery and no Justine I didn't need your "help" lol I just wish I'd taken her sister but I have a feeling NO winter whites will ever live in prefect harmony :?

I know what you mean Matty I've sold on some fabulous guinea pigs only to see them go onto win Best of Breed and things like that, very frustrating but I (personally) just don't have "the eye" and even if I did I probably wouldn't care I'm FAR more interested in personality.

I've really been trying very hard to ascertain type and things like that (in guinea pigs and hamsters) but I'm rubbish at it so it will be more luck than anything else if I ever get a "show stopper" lol but I'm happy :)

Bunsey
06-16-2008, 12:45 AM
I won the Bradford champs AOC class with BVH's "reject" off the sales table! ner ner ner ner ner :lol:

Bourne Valley Hams
06-16-2008, 01:03 AM
I won the Bradford champs AOC class with BVH's "reject" off the sales table! ner ner ner ner ner :lol:

Aahh true - but I wasn't there and my non reject from that litter has entered 6 shows and had 4 1sts, 1 2nd and a 3rd!!

Bunsey
06-16-2008, 01:10 AM
ok you win then :lol:

Bourne Valley Hams
06-16-2008, 01:23 AM
But it does prove the point that a hamster that may not be pick of the litter can still be pretty darn good!! :D

vnewman236
06-16-2008, 03:14 PM
yep breeder hams are paticularly hard to resist i realy wanted that dom spot chinese girl myself
:wink:

Ah yes. That little girl stole my heart as well! She was a beauty!

vnewman236
06-16-2008, 03:17 PM
and I forgot to say Naomi's new girl is gorgeousness itself. I got to have a little stroke as well :)

NaomiR
06-17-2008, 06:40 AM
yes but who got the fabulous dom spot chinese???